Forum » Feedback and Ideas

e-mail notification of message/thread replies

• e-mail notification of message/thread replies

When I post to groups I have to keep coming back to see if anyone has responded. That is just a big waste of everyone's time. Please see my posting for justification of this feature.

I'd guess this is similar to another request, but that thread has been locked so I can't add my support for it there.

Why was that thread locked BTW?

• DFA1979 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 sep 2011, 10:46

Re: e-mail notification of message/thread replies

brian_j_murrell said:
    I'd guess this is similar to another request, but that thread has been locked so I can't add my support for it there.

Why was that thread locked BTW?
    Threads are auto-locked after going inactive for some period of time (time varies depending which forum, I think it's 3 months in this one).

• rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 sep 2011, 22:36
    This forum (feedback) locks after 6 months, website support locks after 3 months. Given that your thread from yesterday was not locked why did you not continue in that one?

I am strongly opposed to email notification until/unless reply tracker is fixed to enable unsubcribe/subscribe and subscription to shout threads as well as forum threads.

email notification with no unsubscribe would certainly encourage me not to post :)

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 29 sep 2011, 03:19
    rwitte said:
    email notification with no unsubscribe would certainly encourage me not to post :)
    Sshh! They might take that the wrong way. B-)

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • optional of course

Uhm, getting an e-mail notification of postings to threads one is interested would of course be optional, preferably on a thread by thread basis, just like every other web forum on this Internet.

I guess I thought that went without having to be said.

• rwitte said:

While I wouldn't use the feature, I can understand why others would want it; It would have to be one of those opt-out kind of features.

EDIT: Just noticed that was said by the user above me. I should probably read the threads from beginning to end before replying to them, heh.

I would also prefer to have a "subscribe to thread" option and that's one feature I would use a lot. But I think they can also add e-mail notifications as long as they make them optional.

• subscribe to thread

Yes, to be perfectly clear, I have always been talking about the popular "subscribe to this thread" option many forums have, not a one, single, global, bug-me-whenever-any-thread-i've-ever-posted-to-gets-an-update type option.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.