Forum » Development Discussion

Combo.fm: Combined Last.fm radio stations

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 27 okt 2010, 19:18
    Will playlist, ptag or loved be supported after the announced changes?

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 okt 2010, 10:45
    Will combined Last.fm radio stations be published some day, or will Last.fm discontinue the development of this feature too? What's the road map here?

• nduke sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 okt 2010, 18:00
    akrde said:
    Will combined Last.fm radio stations be published some day, or will Last.fm discontinue the development of this feature too? What's the road map here?

I've been wondering about this too. Anyone have any idea how the upcoming changes will impact the combined stations? I could probably handle the loss of some of the personal stations if I could fine tune stations like I can with this tool (thanks again tburny!)

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 28 okt 2010, 23:42
    155 downloads so far....cool 8-)
    Maybe should team up with s.o. and improve the ui a bit ;)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • Skiye sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 29 okt 2010, 15:31
    you know i am always willing to help if you so desire :)

Tecfan said:
    You write on your blog that you hate slow loading websites.. yet you host comfo.fm on rapidshare? :P
    fix!

tburny, if you want i could host it on my webspace for you, but i dont think i can track number of downloads. also, i could help you make an "easier" distribution of this app (packaged with exe for win use, scripts for linux/mac, etc) rather than having the users dig into the /.../dist folder to find the necessary elements to fire up this app. i think it would boost the amount of users of this app immensely if it were "easier to use" :D

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 29 okt 2010, 15:38
    go for it :)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
  • this looks like a great program

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 feb 2011, 09:11
    combo.fm looks interesting, but I found the info or how to use a bit confusing.
    I downloaded the plugin and proceeded to create the cmd file using notepad
    pasted in
    @echo off
    java -jar ComboFm/dist/ComboFm.jar
    I then renamed it to a cmd suffix and placed this in the dist folder
    as it said on your blog I double clicked the file and a small black
    box appeared but then just disappeared.. I then thought OK I will
    see what happens if I open up Combofm.jar ... ah now let's see
    place the usernames of friends I wished to listen to libraries from

I used the "and" for two... however I am not sure if the url's are automatically
    found and placed in the url boxes below or I have to put these in manually
    and do I need to place the entire folder of combo.fm into a specific directory
    e.g. C:\, or will it run from my downloads folder which is in My Documents.

In a nutshell, I have no idea what I have been trying to do and how to use
    this application or plugin.

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 21 feb 2011, 23:09
    On Windows you should be able to run it by double-clicking the ComboFm.jar :)

• Användare
    • 25 feb 2011, 01:57
    I'm having the same problem as mugshot.

You suggest to simply double-click the ComboFm.jar file but do you want us to extract the files as well?

EDIT: I'm asking this because double-clicking the file brings up my IZArc extracter.

• Användare
    • 25 feb 2011, 22:12
    tburny said:
    On Windows you should be able to run it by double-clicking the ComboFm.jar :)

that is exactly what I did.. but I am not sure what I am supposed to next. And how does
    combo.fm work once I have chosen the friends I wish to hear libraries from. there is
    no go or OK button on ComobFM.jar only the opportunity to close it.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 25 feb 2011, 23:48
    Select the queries that you want using the lists and sliders. They should appear in the "Generated query" box (and URLs will appear for browser and client).

Select the URL text and press control-c to copy. Go to a web browser, select the address box, and paste the URL (control-v). If you want to listen in the web browser, pick the one that starts "http:", if you want to listen in the client, pick the one that starts "lastfm:".

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Användare
    • 26 feb 2011, 00:57
    I've extracted the files in ComboFm.jar to the /dist folder, but what do I do after that? Was I supposed to extract the .jar file in the first place?

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 26 feb 2011, 02:29
    MrLJM said:
    I've extracted the files in ComboFm.jar to the /dist folder, but what do I do after that? Was I supposed to extract the .jar file in the first place?
    No. When you double click the .jar file, Java should run it. IZArc is trying to do too much.

Right click the .jar file and select "open with ..." and pick Java. You should probably click "Always use ..." for this.

• ifake sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 mar 2011, 10:38
    nice

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 4 mar 2011, 22:51
    It will get even nicer :) I am currently writing some nice webpage with HTML5, Javascript and JQuery, so you can create combo stations straight from your (modern!) browser :)

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 5 mar 2011, 16:29
    Is the "friends" radio available? (feedback discussion)

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 7 mar 2011, 13:44
    it is :) but afaik not in the java version....new ComboFm will have it

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 12 mar 2011, 04:11
    You can now create Combo stations straigt from your browser using http://burnynet.de/combofm :)
    It is still in testing phase, but should be nearly stable.

Enyjoy :)

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 12 mar 2011, 09:58
    Nice! Are the advanced parameters coming soon?

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 12 mar 2011, 15:58
    You mean repetition and mainstream-ness? yes :)

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 14 mar 2011, 01:58
    Short update:
    You can now set repetition, mainstreamness and enable/disable discovery mode

@Staff keep up the good work although I've been times faster :P

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 24 mar 2011, 16:49
    I fixed an encoding problem, so Artists like Alizée or Mañana will now play correctly

• I love it :) Linked to it on my Last.fm profile also, great work, will have fun with it.

When life gives you lemonade, spruce it up with vodka

(\ (\
    ( ^_^)
    (_(")(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
    • tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 26 mar 2011, 02:16
    Thank you :)

I just fixed the following bugs:
    - The friends radio search box did not add a station if hitting return
    - Switching discovery mode on/off was broken
    - Removing the first query item breaks the removal function

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.