Forum » Development Discussion

Combo.fm: Combined Last.fm radio stations

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jul 2010, 06:18
    Babs_05 said:
    Thanks. I'll wait till I've done enough learning to figure it out. : /

(and they say Macs are easy to use. Pffft)
    anything that comes w/o a gui and requires you to use a cli to run it has nothing to do with macs anymore ;)

anyway, as mentioned above, you only need to enter 2 lines:

launch terminal, and say the jar file is now in your apps folder, then:

1. cd /applications/...
    2. java -jar combofm.jar

there's no step 3.

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
    • percy74 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jul 2010, 20:34
    nova77LF said:
    @JustSomeOldJoe: it's very simple. There is a global history pool which is being used every time you tune into any station. The repetition rate will simply use that (global) list to tweak how much weight to associate to each track before making the selection. In that sense it is "per session", but the list is global, so you should not have issues with repeated tracks on different stations.
    This is very good to hear. However, it would be even cooler if anything I scrobble, whether from Last.fm radios, my hard drive, iPod, or last.fm's partner sites, could be added to this "global history pool" and then be adjusted for accordingly in the last.fm radio I'm currently listening to.

In other words, it would be ideal to not hear the same track I scrobbled from my hard drive this morning, on my last.fm radio at work this afternoon.

Is this possible? If not, no biggie, but if it is...wow!

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 9 jul 2010, 03:39
    ^^not the thread for that discussion - i actually was just posting about that (similarly) on this thread in feedback and ideas.

@tburny - have you checked out the new playground direct play recommendations? think there is a way you could work a slidebar to include this option in Combo? i would be overly excited if so.

:D

• Just today I was really wanting a recommendation radio that played new stuff - hit the forums, found this - yr recommendations + 2010 global tag = f*****g genius.

Thank you thank you thank you. Great stuff!

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 9 jul 2010, 20:50
    thisisall1word said:
    Just today I was really wanting a recommendation radio that played new stuff - hit the forums, found this - yr recommendations + 2010 global tag = f*****g genius.

Thank you thank you thank you. Great stuff!
    Good find! I'll try that this weekend. :)

• Babs said: Good find! I'll try that this weekend. :)

Hmmm... still a bit hit and miss maybe but that might be due to other people's tagging... although if it's using AND boolean then would expect recommendations to be more tailored to me... let me know how it goes for you!

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 11 jul 2010, 00:23
    i havent even gotten to tags yet, i listen to tons of mixed friend's libraries at once...this thing is genius. haha =)

• ...and OR ...or AND

I'm trying to combine my loved tracks with a global tag radio and here's what will work and what won't...

I have two entries within combo.fm;
    Loved Tracks of thisisall1word (Call this A)
    'post-rock- tag radio (Call this B)

A or
    B or
    - - - Gives OR radio - as you would expect I guess - that works fine.

A or
    B and
    - - - this still gives OR radio

A and
    B or
    - - - this one gives AND radio

A and
    B and
    - - - this one doesn't give anything - I think the two AND joins must be joining with some empty set e.g.
    (A) ^ (B) ^ (empty)
    which will also return zero tracks... maybe...

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 12 jul 2010, 22:24
    the last an/or is afaik always ignored by combo.fm :)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • kaqikaqi sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jul 2010, 16:37

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av tburny den 13 jul 2010, 17:12
    • tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 13 jul 2010, 17:12
    Spammers be aware, never ever post in my topics :P

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 13 jul 2010, 19:20
    lol, power of moderators ^^

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • percy74 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jul 2010, 17:12
    I've been playing around with the "Not" boolean, but it doesn't seem to be working, at least not the way I would expect it to. I've been trying the combination:

Neighbour radio of percy74 NOT
    Library of percy74

I would expect to get a station that plays only tracks from my neighborhood that I haven't scrobbled yet. Usually the first few tracks that are played are indeed new to my library, but by the 4th or 5th track, it's playing tracks that I have scrobbled, in some cases, 20 or more times before.

I'm not sure if the NOT function just isn't working properly, or if there are certain selections, like "Library of", "Neighbour radio of", etc. that don't work with the NOT boolean. Any theories?

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 14 jul 2010, 17:39
    the songs of your peers would have some similar tracks as to what is in your library, therefore some of those same songs would likely turn up. its not selecting the track from your library, but it is selecting the track from the libraries of your neighborhood. (i assume .....) wish there were a way for me to confirm this though....

maybe try adding a third clause, see if the first two work better? for example:
    Library of percy74 NOT
    Loved tracks of percy74

see if the results are a little better? *is curious*

if it works like an SQL, that should suffice...
    select TRACKS from NEIGHBORHOOD where USER = 'percy74' and TRACKS not in (select TRACKS from LIBRARY where USER = 'percy74') and TRACKS not in (select TRACKS from LOVED where USER = 'percy74');
    and not select ANY that fall into either of the two of those categories...

• percy74 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jul 2010, 21:45
    Hmmm, this suggestion seems to have worked, although I'm not sure why.

I scrobbled 26 tracks with:

Library of percy74

19 of the 26 tracks that came up were new to my library.
    5 tracks appeared in my library 4 or fewer times.
    1 track had been previously scrobbled 7 times.
    And 1 track had been previously scrobbled 14 times

For the last 2 hours or so, I have been playing:

Library of percy74 NOT
    Loved tracks of percy74

So far, out of 30 tracks, just two have been previously scrobbled in my library - one track had been scrobbled 5 times previous, the other just once. My sample size is a bit small, so it's possible that I just got lucky this time. I'll keep monitoring the results.

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 15 jul 2010, 02:53
    sounds good. are you also using the sliders? i would turn discovery on, slide repetition all the way off and maybe even play with the mainstream slider a bit...

Hmmm, this suggestion seems to have worked, although I'm not sure why.

tburny said:
    the last and/or is afaik always ignored by combo.fm :)

i figured if we add one more, we are making sure the first 'NOT' is being processed =)

• I could be wildly wrong but maybe try;;

Neighbour radio of percy74 AND
    Library of percy74 NOT

which should logically give (A) AND (NOT B)

...maybe...

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 15 jul 2010, 21:36
    the 'NOT' in yours would apply only if there were a third clause...it appends the string (so it seems).
    Neighbour radio of percy74 AND
    Library of percy74 NOT
    Library of Skiye

out of this the result would be "neighbor radio + library of percy - my library"

• nduke sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jul 2010, 13:55
    I'm SO angry! This has been around since April and I just stumbled across it now! Oh well - I'm more than happy to make up for lost time! A search of "combine stations" in the forums led me here instantly! Should have known tburny would have come up with something!

This is EXACTLY what I've been needing to make Last.FM what I wanted. If nothing else, just to be able to mix in my Library or my Loved Tracks into whatever station I'm tuning too is enough to enhance my listening incredibly!

I can't wait to start playing around with this in earnest! Thanks!!

• ffolke sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jul 2010, 05:02

Any confirmed Combo.Fm for Mac users?

I did just as the kind posters suggested for mac, but it spat at me when entering the last bit (java -jar ComboFm/dist/ComboFm.jar), although the locations should be right. Any help?

2010-07-27 21:58:36.932 java[19136:c1b] Error loading /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/GreaseKit.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GreaseKit: dlopen(/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/GreaseKit.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GreaseKit, 265): no suitable image found. Did find: /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/GreaseKit.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GreaseKit: unknown required load command 0x80000022 Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group at de.burnynet.combofm.ui.ComboFmApp.startup(ComboFmApp.java:19) at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110) joeyes-Computer-2:ComboFm joey$

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 28 jul 2010, 18:51
    are you just running this command from your "home" directory? if so, you need to include the full path to the jar file, or, to make it easier - change directories ("cd /usr/home/ComboFm/dist/" or whatever it is) to the "dist" folder and run a command without paths like this:
    "java -jar ComboFm.jar"

also, is your java up to date? (just checking)

edit: did it work? if you'd be so kind, post your results back if you were able to get it working, just in case someone else has the same question. thanks!!! :D

• mig20 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 sep 2010, 11:10
    Looks good...tracking :)

• StudleyUK pointed me here from my question. Love this. So, so much.

Thank you, tburny!

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 27 sep 2010, 00:11
    no problem :)
    Maybe someday I'll improve that a bit...got a lack of time as usual -.-

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 27 sep 2010, 05:14
    You write on your blog that you hate slow loading websites.. yet you host comfo.fm on rapidshare? :P

fix!

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.