Forum » Development Discussion

Combo.fm: Combined Last.fm radio stations

• tburny, I've noticed in the last few weeks or so it's stopped loading my user/friends lists... any ideas? :/

They still work if I type them in manually.

Is it Christmas yet?
    http://www.last.fm/christmas
    • tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 3 okt 2011, 12:26
    Strange...this would happen if the according api requests time out, which seems to happen more often in the last time: http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Services/forum/21604/_/1013764

I did some stylde changes to Combo.fm beta. The headings and fonts should be a bit smaller now as it's quite an overkill on normal(1024x768 px) screens plus some other tiny improvements.

In the next days, there will be a new development subdomain with a password protection. The access data will be shared to a limited number of early-adopter users.
    The reason is simply: I got three computers and I'm getting tired of synchronizing all the server settings stuff, so I will do some in-place development directly on the server :) This means I can show some more proof of concept stuff around.

The release cycle then will be:
    Development (http://devel.combofm.de) -> Combo.fm Beta (http://beta.combofm.de) -> Main site (http://www.combofm.de).
    Nevertheless I will push smaller changes(e.g. styles, typos and sort of that stuff) to the main site directly.

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
  • Seems like the site's down.

;
    • tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 14 okt 2011, 00:03
    It was -.- There's been some maintainance work at the vhost server server stuff going on afaik

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    • tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 15 okt 2011, 21:58
    Should be all running fine again :) I did some tiny footsteps with django, there's a really huge ecosystem around it and you can write new features really fast. It can be run with an apache so I will so some experiments and tests on it, we'll see...

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 okt 2011, 22:05
    How do I use the main stream repetitive slide bars? The reason
    I ask is because I tried to slide them to be less main stream or
    repetitive but this causes the radio station of say artists or tags
    to get "not responding" or to that effect. Also does discovery mode
    work? (yeah I know newbie questions lol)

Apart from these two queries I love combo.fm I have been able
    to add loads of artists without it stopping apart from when the
    maintenance was going on.

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 15 okt 2011, 22:30
    I'm glad you like it :)
    These extra settings still seem to be a bit experimental for some users. Can you maybe create a sample query (where it does not work), click on [debug] below the station boxes and post the string here? :)

• Användare
    • 15 okt 2011, 22:32
    tburny said:
    I'm glad you like it :)
    These extra settings still seem to be a bit experimental for some users. Can you maybe create a sample query (where it does not work), click on [debug] below the station boxes and post the string here? :)

yeah sure, when I do another session of tags or artists I will post the required
    debug (strings) here.

• Användare
    • 29 okt 2011, 16:59
    just a thought.. sometimes (probably due to getting older..lol) I forget the combinations
    of tags I put into the combo.fm site and if for some reason there is a down moment on
    the site, when I do get in I have forgotten what I put. Now the only thing I get on the client is "A radio station" so if say I have put under tag radio hard bop, bebop, modern jazz, contemporary jazz and cool jazz this is not shown whereas they do (although you can only put three) on the last.fm radio for tags. Also as all radio stations are indicated as "A radio station" on the client it does get confusing sometimes.

It would also be helpful if the already available tags and artists were updated and more
    put in including all the jazz ones please. :)

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 nov 2011, 16:38
    imho... I like the look of the page best when all the drop down menus are closed.
    But it seems to open with the artists open by default.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • first off, thanks. this is indeed wonderful. the only other thing i would like here is group radios. the ability to fuse the radios of different groups would be awesome. otherwise excellent job, i almost never use the "normal" last.fm radio stations anymore! thanks again!

• aini123 sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 nov 2011, 09:18

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Ziomek2000 den 8 nov 2011, 09:55
  • perfectt!!

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 nov 2011, 17:09
    mugshot_tim said:
    just a thought.. sometimes (probably due to getting older..lol) I forget the combinations of tags I put into the combo.fm site
    maybe it would be handy if there was a 'favourite combo' memory on the page?

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 20 nov 2011, 04:27
    headey said:
    mugshot_tim said:
    just a thought.. sometimes (probably due to getting older..lol) I forget the combinations of tags I put into the combo.fm site
    maybe it would be handy if there was a 'favourite combo' memory on the page?
    Why not add the radio URL to your browsers' bookmarks(/favourites)?
    (Most generic method: right-click, copy the link, create new bookmark, add description and paste URL.)

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 21 nov 2011, 07:58
    headey a feature to save stations is planned, but I'm currently busy with studying :)

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 nov 2011, 10:18
    snyde1 said:
    right-click, copy the link, create new bookmark, add description and paste URL.
    Ah, yes, good idea. I might try that for a while. (keep studying TB ; I hate to admit it but there ARE more important things in life than lastfm)

I suppose, eventually, a proper 'favourites' might populate the combofm.de page with all the chosen options so we'd just be able to tweak it with an extra station.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 21 dec 2011, 00:33
    Hey I used Google+ again after a while and saw a "new" feature: Pages.

So for all of you who are Google Plus fans, Facebook-haters or both in one, here is the new Combo.fm Google Plus page: https://plus.google.com/107822212441275601401

It took me only a few minutes, so I thought it would be a good idea ;)

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2011, 10:56

testing the 'not' option

edit -I'm not doing any development & wouldn't understand any techy reply, so I dont know if this is the right place to post -I just thought you might be interested in feedback - TB please move or delete this as required... :
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a question about repetition from gcottenc I wondered if the 'not' function would be a solution, but I'm not getting any joy.

I made a little global tag with some of the tracks at the top of gcottenc's library : http://www.last.fm/tag/heardit-gc/tracks

In combo codes I'm putting gcottenc at the top with 'not' tag 'heardit-gc' below & getting the codes :
    for the scrobbler
    (lastfm://rql/bGlicmFyeTpnY290dGVuYyBub3QgdGFnOiJoZWFyZGl0LWdjIg==)
    or this for the browser
    (http://last.fm/listen/rql/bGlicmFyeTpnY290dGVuYyBub3QgdGFnOiJoZWFyZGl0LWdjIg==)
    Is that right?

but I'm getting a lot of the tagged tracks playing.

If anyone fancies checking the codes or tying the radio I'd be interested to know if I'm doing something wrong or just expecting too much from the 'not' function.

Tagged tracks are here :
    http://www.last.fm/tag/heardit-gc/tracks
    or here to see how long ago some were tagged :
    http://www.last.fm/user/fris4/library/tags?tag=heardit-gc&view=cloud

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 dec 2011, 15:23
    Try turning on discovery mode and moving the repetition slider to the left.

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2011, 17:03
    snyde1 said: ...repetition slider to the left.Yes that might help.
    In this case I was just using the gcottenc example as a test because it is a moderately small library and he seems to have added artists who should have quite a lot of streamable tracks to offer. Also I didn't want to complicate the code with extra factors.
    (I wasn't actually too interested in the musical experience)

Do you think I'm just expecting too much from the 'not' function?

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 31 dec 2011, 15:51
    I use the "NOT" operator a lot to encourage "track discovery" - I will play a station "NOT"ted with my library to get new tracks by artists, new and old. However, I do turn on discovery mode and reduce repetition when I do that.

I think that the combo stuff sees the library as a collection of tracks, not artists.

• dannutz sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2012, 08:43
    Hi, great app! I started using it yesterday.

I don't quite understand how to combine the statements. I created a query similar to "My mix radio" NOT "tag: classical" but it doesn't do what I want - that is, play my mix radio excluding classical tracks. How does the "not" operator work exactly? Does it stand for "AND NOT"?

Thanks!
    D.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2012, 09:30
    dannutz said:
    How does the "not" operator work exactly?
    +1
    ? Maybe it is just broken?
    I tried playing the dannutz library 'NOT' classical - & about the fourth track was Brahms
    http://www.last.fm/music/Johannes+Brahms/BRAHMS%3A+Piano+Concerto+No.+1+%28Schnabel%29+%281938%29/I.+Maestoso
    Album & artist tagged 'classical' , not the track.

Studies first TB, but if you've time it'd be interesting to hear if something isn't working.
    =========================================================
    codes i got were
    lastfm://rql/bGlicmFyeTpkYW5udXR6ICBub3QgdGFnOiJjbGFzc2ljYWwi
    http://last.fm/listen/rql/bGlicmFyeTpkYW5udXR6ICBub3QgdGFnOiJjbGFzc2ljYWwi

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • dannutz sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2012, 20:19
    headey sagte:
    Album & artist tagged 'classical' , not the track.

Hm... I was unaware of this distinction, thanks!
    Perhaps this is the problem, I will try to get more data.

Edit:
    I was just playing library:dannutz NOT tag:classical
    (http://www.last.fm/listen/rql/bGlicmFyeTpkYW5udXR6IG5vdCB0YWc6ImNsYXNzaWNhbCI=)

and eventually I got a classical-tagged track:
    http://www.last.fm/music/Felix+Mendelssohn/_/Spring+Song

Any ideas?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.