Forum » Development Discussion

Open Letter to the Developers - Bring Last.FM to the Playstation 3

• Open Letter to the Developers - Bring Last.FM to the Playstation 3

Dear last.fm developers team,

I discovered last.fm only today and am really fascinated by it. The quality of the stream, the technical realization and the music selection, …, almost everything seems to be perfect.

However, I was wondering whether the topic of a Playstation 3 support has already made it to your developers agenda? If not, please continue reading… ;)

As I could read on the web and on the last.fm PS3-group forum there are lots and lots of people who would LOVE to see last.fm running on their Playstation 3.

Many PS3 users already use their consoles in their living rooms as a media center, movie player and gaming console. An easy to use last.fm PS3 support would make the PS3 also an excellent webradio and, more important, make last.fm the first webradio to enter the living room via the big screen.

Maybe you’ve seen that YouTube has just launched a Playstation 3 Version of their video service under www.youtube.com/tv which offers a PS3-customized flash-player that runs perfectly on the PS3 web-browser. Once being final YouTube will offer the whole range of services on the PS3 and will have finally grown up and entered the big screen of millions of living rooms.

So, when will we see last.fm on the Playstation 3 and on the big screen? ;)

Best regards,

Stefan

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jan 2009, 18:41
    Have to agree with you on this one, not sure how it can be implemented but it would be great if it could be.

• Ser3f sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jan 2009, 13:28

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 21 jul 2011, 07:11
    • Ser3f sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jan 2009, 13:34

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 21 jul 2011, 07:11
    • stsquad sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 feb 2009, 22:31

Does the Flash player not work?

The PS3 has pretty full Flash support (certainly enough for the iplayer). Does it not work with the embedded Last.Fm plater?

• This would be huge, I have requested this from Sony a few times with no reply. Perhaps a solution from the Last.fm side of things or them making requests to sony would get this going. Many people use there PS3 as a media server and main music playback device in the living room and I think if done right there would be big demand/usage. Gamers love stats so they will naturally try out last.fm if was added to the firmware, thus giving last.fm more clients, so work with Sony on this please!!!!!

• Damaged sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 feb 2009, 11:17
    Did you see this existing 3-page thread on PS3 support?

http://www.last.fm/forum/21716/_/387425

Locked as dupe.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.