Forum » Development Discussion

Last.fm Youtube Scrobbling

• ninom sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2008, 07:02

Last.fm Youtube Scrobbling

Hi,

I listen to quite a lot of music on Youtube, and was wondering if there is some Firefox plugin out there (probably not, because I didn't found anything).

Now, this would be a good opportunity for me, to learn how to develop a Firefox plugin and in the same time, I do something good for the community here.

Now, I would really love if you would help me with some ideas, how to implement this plugin, as YouTube is not only there for Music, and it doesn't allow to "Tag" the Videos.

This would mean I would have to agree on one "name convention" and implement that. I would say, most of the music videos are named like that {artist} - {title}. So I could start like that.

My idea was, to check if the user is playing a Video first and then gather the title from YouTube. Afterward I connect to last.fm and check if "this" artist exists and if he has a track named like the one on the YouTube video. If everything is ok, I can assume that it's a music video and scrobble it to the last.fm profile.

Do you think this works? Maybe any more inputs?

cheers
    ~ninom

• katasta sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2008, 07:48
    Looks like someone beat you to it: a manual scrobble greasemonkey pluging is already available here

• ninom sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2008, 07:57
    thanks, didn't know that.

it works, but you always have to click on scrobble, which is not really a good way to go i think. i would prefer a automatic solution.

• katasta sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2008, 08:21
    i actually prefer it the way it is, because the video name is not always a valid source for artist and title names (not to mention all the spelling mistakes). and here i can manually edit what will be scrobbled, which will hopefully lead to less "mistagged" data. :)

• ninom sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2008, 08:41
    yes, that's the reason, why I check, if the artists already exists with a track like that. if this is not the case, i will not scrobble! this shouldn't lead to mistagged data, right?

• avengex sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2008, 12:28

Talking of Flash based media...

Sorry if this is considered thread hijacking, BUT for those of you who would be interested in a similar solution, but this time applied to MySpace's band profiles, could any technical people take a look at this post please?

• rolle- sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 apr 2009, 20:30

Also interested

Youscrobble didn't work for me. Loading looping over and over again.... is there any other ways to do this?

\,,/
    • iPowers sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 aug 2009, 23:41
    the scrobbler used to work but now that youtube changed their formet, it doesn't appear, can anyone recommend anything else? Thanks a lot in advance.

• yaiez sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 okt 2009, 05:57
    I would like a new way too. Now you can't scrobble form yt anymore.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 nov 2009, 13:50
    When you're doing this, does the album info show up on the last.fm client, as if you were listening to something in media player? I'm listening to an 8 minute song, and it'd be pretty annoying if it didn't scrobble.

• Evilman- sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 nov 2009, 15:34
    This is actually not scrobble but you can scrobble here tracks that are from youtube.

www.blip.fm

You can use that and there you can search for some music and it scrobbles it. ;)

- This is it -
  • [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Jester-NL den 6 jan 2010, 08:20
    • vienlove sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 nov 2009, 15:43

OK

What's wrong?

http://shop34767802.taobao.com
    锦尚创意家居用品店
    欢迎光临
    • asd951 sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 dec 2009, 09:44

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Jester-NL den 6 jan 2010, 08:21
    • Loni89 sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jan 2010, 19:03

so..

so.. this is the end of the thread? solutionless?

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Jester-NL den 6 jan 2010, 08:22
  • [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av WizZzPL den 7 jan 2010, 09:45
    • mjjna sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 jan 2010, 11:08
    the greasemonkey script has been updated and is working.

you need to use firefox.
    first insall greasmonkey : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

then install the script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/34012

• gorski_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jan 2010, 00:58
    works with me

daku ilu annunaki
    • uptight9 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jan 2010, 13:48
    awesome! been looking for sth like this for ages... thank you!!! :-)

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av foreverautumn den 14 jan 2010, 12:20
    • erna1000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 feb 2010, 14:03
    is there any auto scrobble solution?

• Paradoks sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 feb 2010, 16:50
    I'd be interested in the auto-scrobbling thing. The idea sounds solid. Simple and not very prone to mistakes

• maz35 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 feb 2010, 12:32
    Paradoks said:
    I'd be interested in the auto-scrobbling thing. The idea sounds solid. Simple and not very prone to mistakes

Given how often I have to manually change the fields the greasemonkey script detects I would say its best left as manual.

• Re: Last.fm Youtube Scrobbling

[spam removed]

Redigerad av maz35 den 27 feb 2010, 13:18
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.