Forum » Development Discussion

Last(.fm) Music Map

• michelem sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 maj 2008, 08:45

Last(.fm) Music Map

Hi,
    I would like to announce you I just publish my new mashup between Last.fm and Google Maps.
    I called it Last(.fm) Music Map and you can discover your preferred artist's latest events.
    Feedback are very welcome, I hope you like it.

Last(.fm) Music Map

• gpberlin sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 maj 2008, 17:57
    cool! nice work!
    ("raver per passione"? mmm :P )

• YouNeekx sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2008, 12:56
    That's a pretty sweet app you've got there.

• Browse

I love the map, but have been looking for something that lets you browse your area for shows. I'd like to be able to zoom into an area, then have shows appear for a time frame. That way I can discover bands coming to my area that I would not have known to search for.

• It's something I will use a lot, great idea.
    A little thing: it's not working for artist Damned Spirits' Dance because the '. (Little band, I'm not telling because the effect that it makes on the worlds population, just to tell that there is problem with the ')
    It would be nice maybe, to be able to look it up only in Europe for example.
    Or to give your user name and it would get your favorite some artists and mark them.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jun 2008, 03:56

smart

incredible, great job.

• michelem sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jun 2008, 16:29
    Thank you very much to every ones, I will work on it to add some new features you suggested me.
    I don't remember but I hope there is a way to look at a location instead an artist in the Last.fm API so I could add it very easily.

• "I love the map, but have been looking for something that lets you browse your area for shows. I'd like to be able to zoom into an area, then have shows appear for a time frame. That way I can discover bands coming to my area that I would not have known to search for".

Yeah, I saw the web and immediately had the same thought.

• Hi and congratulations for the map, it's a great application and very easy to use.
    Found a little something though...
    It may be google maps issue but when some band appears to have a concert in Bogota-Colombia the label points Venezuela. Hope u check that out ;)

PD: I found that looking at Joe Satriani's tour

• drmn sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jun 2008, 02:57
    that looks awesome, thank you.

• michelem sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jul 2008, 10:05

New feature to look at events by location

Yes, the new feature you requested is ready!
    Now you can look at events by location, try it and let me know.

http://lastmusicmap.com

• Help!

I love it, except the message box with info about the application keeps popping up in the middle of the screen, so I can't see what I'm supposed to be looking at. How do I get rid of the box?

• marshee sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jul 2008, 19:00
    great app...

• michelem sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jul 2008, 17:10
    @Peterdown please could you tell me what type of broswer you're using?

• hvk sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 23 okt 2008, 13:11

Show all an artist's past events, and show all my past events!

Michelem, I like it!

What I'd also like to see is:

If I enter an artist name, I'd like the option to be able to see not just the upcoming events, but all of them (or: just past, just future, both past and future). I think it'd be really interesting to see all the places in the world they've ever played.

Also, I'd like to see all my events I've attended on a map, mainly all the past events but you could do a similar past only/future only/both past and future. I think that would be very cool thing to see as well!

Thanks!

• xhAzex sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 okt 2008, 21:25
    Awesome! I will use this :)

• abelour sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 dec 2008, 14:22

Nice work!

Tried it out, and it looks great :) Will definitely use this

.john

• Thats fantastic...how long did it take you??

☼ ♥♥♫ Fizzylady ♫ ♥♥ ☼
  • Working on something similar

Hi michelem I'm an admirer of your map and wanted to ask you some questions about it. Some classmates and I are designing a similar search service by using the Last.Fm API method geo.getEvents (http://www.last.fm/api/show?service=270). Is this what you used? I read your tutorial here (the demo seems to be broken, btw):

http://www.brighthub.com/hubfolio/matthew-casperson/articles/53106.aspx

It says you made lastmusicmap.com by combing two previous posts you made about creating your first Google Maps Flex application and Creating a gig guide with Adobe Flex and Last.FM

I read your Create a gig guide with Adobe Flex and Last.FM and it looks to me from gig guide that you use the same method to gather xml data and present it.

Do you have any insights on why your map functions differently when searching by region? What radius does your map search in when searching by region?

our yet to be completed google maps + last fm mashup can be found here:

http://courseweb.lis.illinois.edu/~lester1/456/lastfm/index.php

Feel free to try it out!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.