Forum » Development Discussion

DBus Extension

• tarsus4 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 apr 2008, 15:54

DBus Extension

I've written an extension to control the Last.fm application via DBus. It provides a means to control all the public slots in the Radio class (playStation, resumeStation, stop, skip, and setVolume), and also makes available the name of the current track (as "Artist - Title"), and provides a signal to indicate when a new track starts.

This makes it possible to write broader "media control applications" if you're interested in making the Last.fm app part of a home media system (as I am).

At the moment, the Qt docs say that DBus support is only part of the unix build. I don't know how true that is, or if it will remain that way forever, because I know KDE4 uses DBus, and they expect to be able to port (have ported?) to OSX and Windows. I personally have tested under Gentoo Linux.

Source is at http://glue.umd.edu/~rossatok/dbusextension-1.0.tar.bz2

• raboof sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 dec 2009, 22:55
    great work.

qmake pointed to the qt3-qmake for me, so i needed to change that with 'update-alternatives --config qmake' (Ubuntu Karmic).

I do end up with a bin/extensions/libext_dbusextension.so, but it doesn't appear to be loaded. I don't see anything interesting in ~/.local/share/Last.fm/Last.fm.log when I start ./bin/last.fm.sh - what should I be looking for?

• tarsus4 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 dec 2009, 12:39
    Jeez, it's been a while since I've worked on this. I realized after writing it that there were a few changes I should've made to interface names, etc. And in the intervening time Amarok 2 came out, which has largely negated the need for this plugin.

To get it to work, the .so file needs to be with the rest of the extensions, so Last.fm knows to load it. I'm not sure where this folder is in your particular distro, I would check the file list for the package.

• Myren sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2010, 04:56

MPRIS

Have you considered the MPRIS spec? It defines a dbus interface for media players.

• tarsus4 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jan 2010, 19:45

Update

I updated the plugin to follow the MPRIS DBus interface definitions. Last.fm should now be compatible with any generic MPRIS remote or tester.

http://glue.umd.edu/~rossatok/dbusextension-2.0.tar.bz2

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.