Forum » Development Discussion

Displaying music of an user not already in my library ?

• timst44 sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 maj 2012, 09:39

Displaying music of an user not already in my library ?

Hello,

Has anyone developed a plugin that show the difference between my library and another user's, ie. the music that I never listened to but this user did (preferably sorted by number of times listened) ?

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 8 maj 2012, 11:35
    Maybe you can try looking at http://build.last.fm :)

If you want to listen to a station "everything which is in the library of user A but not in my library", you can try Combo.fm (http://www.combofm.de).

Login by typing your username. Click on "User library" to expand. Type the name of the other user, click on "+". It will appear in the center. Now do the same with your username. Between the two library stations there is a dropdown, select "not".
    At the box on the right, you can adjust the repetition rate and mainstream-ness of the station. Click on "Play in Software" to use the last.fm client or "Play in browser" to play the station directly from the last.fm website.

If you need any help, just ask :)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 maj 2012, 15:07
    You could use something like Lastscrape to export both play-histories, import each to a separate Excel-sheet, add a column for indicating whose history it is and combine both into one huge sheet (you'll need Office 2003 or higher to get over the previous maximum number of rows). Next, you could either use conditional formatting (but that is really annoying to work with) or start using the pivot tables (a bit harder to master).

The handy part of doing this in a spreadsheet-program is that you can also make automatic links for artist-pages.

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 15 maj 2012, 04:22
    tj44's chart calculator can do that. Or the highlight artists user script.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av bengt_bangt den 12 jun 2012, 13:31
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.