Forum » Development Discussion

.scrobbler.log for Sony NW A3000

• CosyPhil sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jun 2006, 11:29

.scrobbler.log for Sony NW A3000

Just a quickie - I have written a bit of code to extract information from my Sony NW A3000 and create a .scrobbler.log file - which seems to work OK.

What Identification String should I use after #CLIENT - and does it really matter?

Ta

Fancy making Paulton Rovers your second (or third) team? Show your support by joining the group!
    • CosyPhil sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jun 2006, 21:24
    Replying to my own post...

It doesn't seem to matter is my conclusion (so I have been using #CLIENT/Sony NWA3000 0.9).

Everything works a treat - I can now submit tracks from my Sony either via the perl script at http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?p=457857 or via the website at http://rockscrob.hostvit.ru/.

Can't wait until the official audioscrobbler software supports this.

Fancy making Paulton Rovers your second (or third) team? Show your support by joining the group!
  • Possible to post the code?

Thanks

• CosyPhil sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jun 2006, 09:48
    OK. I'll tidy it up a little bit first, and post where to find it. I wasn't considering sharing it when I wrote it, and I am not a good programmer (I know enough to be dangerous). So perhaps someone will be able to take my ideas and create a decent little app.

It's written in VB.NET by the way.

• wasnt even more me lol, for the gf, i would help tidy it up but vb.net not my cup of tea... did some vb in the past, but lately java more my subject... an jst started a bit of c at uni in the last 6 months. can always hope 4 a better solution... since a messy solution means a tidy 1 is v possible...

• CosyPhil sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jun 2006, 23:37
    OK, I posted it up (NO LONGER HERE) for everyone to see.

All I can say is, it works for me, but needs a lot of work. I really hope someone will produce something more professional. Or that I receive a lot of constructuve criticism and am able to turn it into something good myself - please feel free to let me know what I need to learn - but bear in mind that I probably have no idea why it doesn't work for you...

You will need the .Net framework (I guess) to run the executable.

Also, this works in tandem with the CONNECT player. Run this *before* you run CONNECT (it wipes the Activity.Dat file). But then run CONNECT afterwards, to wipe the Activity.Dat file (or delete it yourself).

Redigerad av CosyPhil den 29 apr 2011, 12:16
    • Aurez sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jul 2006, 21:49
    have tried this with no luck. it created my .scrobbler.log with no tracks in... just

#AUDIOSCROBBLER/1.0
    #TZ/UTC
    #CLIENT/Sony NWA3000 0.9

anyone have this problem.. is there a solution?

Thanks

• CosyPhil sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jul 2006, 23:01

Updated

Updated it to fix the problem Aurez was having. New code and .exe posted

If anyones interested, all of the records in Activity.DAT on my NW start 01 0f 50 01, whereas all of Aurez's start 01 0f 50 00. I don't know why that should be, but by not checking the fourth byte, it works for both of us :-)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.