Forum » Development Discussion

scroblr - chrome/safari plugin for pandora, turntable, amazon, google, etc...

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 okt 2011, 04:34

scroblr - chrome/safari plugin for pandora, turntable, amazon, google, etc...

Hello friends,

I just released a new lightweight browser extension for chrome & safari called scroblr. Currently, it allows you to scrobble from the following websites:

- 8tracks
    - accuradio / accujazz
    - amazon cloud player
    - bandcamp
    - beats music
    - earbits
    - focus@will
    - google play
    - indie shuffle
    - jango
    - pandora
    - player.fm
    - plug.dj
    - rhapspdy
    - songza
    - sony music unlimited
    - soundcloud
    - vk
    - youtube

http://www.scroblr.fm

Enjoy.

P.S. join the scroblr group on Last.fm. Why? I have no idea http://www.last.fm/group/scroblr

Redigerad av cgnost den 21 mar 2014, 02:25
    • cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 16 okt 2011, 05:13
    Latest version adds better authentication experience as well as jango and we7 support. Check it out if you haven't already and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 16 okt 2011, 13:47
    Impressive :) You should submit it to Last.fm Build: http://build.last.fm/submit

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 16 okt 2011, 16:02
    Thanks, I thought I read somewhere that build.last.fm wasn't being maintained anymore. I submitted about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard back.

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 16 okt 2011, 22:31
    It might take a while until it gets accepted :) I already ask if I couldn't review the submissions myself, but unfortunately this isn't possible

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
  • Awesome! Any plans to add Grooveshark support?

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 18 okt 2011, 13:38
    cloudlessness, I left out grooveshark support because it has last.fm scrobbling built in by default. Create an account on grooveshark and go to Settings > Third-Party Settings and you can connect to your last.fm account there. Seemed redundant to build that into the plugin, it's also the reason I don't include Rdio support.

Thanks for checking it out :)

• Ah OK. Grooveshark does scrobble but only for subscribers. I know, I'm just being cheap ;)

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 19 okt 2011, 00:52
    Hmm, didn't realize it was subscriber-only. I created an account and saw the setting in there so I assumed it was available to non-subscribers but you're right, I just tried and it didn't work... expect grooveshark support within a week ;)

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 19 okt 2011, 04:00
    And by "within a week," I meant "within a couple hours".

Version 0.9.4
    - Added Bandcamp support
    - Added Grooveshark support

http://scroblr.fm

Have fun.

• Oh you are too awesome, good job sir! However, I get an error after trying to allow access through Last.fm:

The webpage at chrome-extension://mflbcmpjneookibbaeopkfcnegknkgog/scroblr-access-granted.html?token=18b92b724a2961c6dd354bfb9e4e4134 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Error 311 (net::ERR_UNSAFE_REDIRECT): Unknown error.

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 19 okt 2011, 13:44
    Hmm, that doesn't sound right. Have you tried completely uninstalling the extension and re-installing from the chrome web store? Maybe restart the browser as well. I can't seem to reproduce that issue over here, but I'll keep looking into it.

• Still getting the error unfortunately. My version of Chromium is perhaps a little too outdated, it's version 9 and I think most people are running Chrome 16+.

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 19 okt 2011, 15:06
    A potential workaround from what I've been reading on the issue is to try copying the URL you see in the error message and pasting it in the location bar to manually go to that page. It's most likely due to the older version of chrome you're running, but I'm not 100% yet.

• Awesome, it works! Thanks, cgnost :D

• Hi,

Sorry for the delay in this - the build backlog goes back to last year unfortunately. Also part of the problem is that many of the services supported are US only, so it's been difficult to test them here.

This looks like a very impressive extension though - so far it's working well with we7. Hopefully we'll get it on build later today.

EDIT: http://build.last.fm/item/1000580

• aini123 sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 nov 2011, 09:19

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Ziomek2000 den 8 nov 2011, 09:55
    • cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 21 nov 2011, 18:51
    Grooveshark and we7 have recently added native support for scrobbling (for free). I'll most likely remove support for these sites in a future update of scroblr, unless anyone sees value in keeping it in there?

• Well, I've just been testing Grooveshark's scrobbling feature and I do miss the notifications but it wouldn't end my world if you dropped support.

They are awesome though.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jan 2012, 13:44
    I'm excited for the Firefox version. Sounds great.

• rogee sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 feb 2012, 22:35
    I love this extension! Great job.

Yes, I say remove Grooveshark and We7. Add Slacker support if you can.

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 25 feb 2012, 23:16
    Thanks rogee, I've looked into slacker before and I remember it being a bit of a headache at the time... I'll revisit it soon though when I get some time.

• kanjijr sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 mar 2012, 10:27

Delay

Hi, cgnost! Very nice work of yours, congratulations. I mainly use scroblr for Jango. Is there some way to insert an option to set a delay for the plugin to scrobble the music? Because there's one or another that we don't really want to hear, and neither want to show up in our Last.FM history.
    Thanks in advance!

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 1 mar 2012, 16:45
    Thanks kanjijr. Currently, scroblr will only scrobble a song after it's finished playing so long as it's met the following criteria:

Is the song longer than 30 seconds?
    Has the song played for longer than half of it's duration?

So long as you skip the song before it's played for half of it's duration then it shouldn't scrobble, unless you're referring to the 'Now Playing' request (which happens as soon as the song starts playing?)

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av bengt_bangt den 19 mar 2012, 17:07
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.