Forum » Development Discussion

scroblr - chrome/safari plugin for pandora, turntable, amazon, google, etc...

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av bengt_bangt den 19 mar 2012, 17:07
  • [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av bengt_bangt den 19 mar 2012, 17:07
    • cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 13 maj 2012, 20:31
    Thanks to an open-source contribution by @munsellj, scroblr now supports Rhapsody and Twonky.

Also, I don't think I mentioned it here but I released the source on GitHub a couple months back. So fellow developers, feel free to fork me.

• Is Firefox supported yet?

• Where do I enter my last.fm account

I'm just trying to get the scroblr-extension working with Napster. I'm happy to see the songs beeing recognized, but they don't appear in my last.fm-account. Didn't I have to enter my last.fm Username and password to scrobble to last.fm?
    [edit] Found it :-/ Better click on the Scroblr-Button first ;-)

• thank you so much! this is amazing! i adore songza and i'm so grateful to be able to scrobble now :D

• Hi, I'm trying to find something to scrobble while I listen to music at work and I set up the scroblr and am using jango. The trouble is, it's not working. I even went as far as to sign in into Google (and I hate leaving my Google account signed in).

What can I be doing wrong?

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 20 aug 2012, 00:57
    You shouldn't have to sign into Google. Did you click the scroblr icon in your browser and enter your username in the login field to authorize your last.fm account? Occasionally if the site you are trying to scrobble makes changes they could potentially break scroblr, but I just tested Jango and it seems to be working. Can you share what URL you are using to access Jango?

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 20 aug 2012, 00:58
    Just released a new version of scroblr that fixes a bunch of bugs and adds support for SoundCloud and This Is My Jam, thanks to some open source contributions from @CvX

http://scroblr.fm

• Aletsia sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 dec 2012, 16:03
    Great work.
    Are you planning on supporting indieshuffle?
    Thx for all.
    A+

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 4 dec 2012, 05:18
    Indieshuffle seems very scroblr-friendly, I think I can arrange that.

• It doesn't work with grooveshark anymore, does it? :sadface:
    edit: I didn't realize you don't need this plugin to scrobble anymore!

• xavoh sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 dec 2012, 01:55
    hi! I'm having a bit of a problem getting scroblr working, I've authorised it (had to do the copy-paste workaround mentioned earlier though) and it's now coming up with the 'now playing' notifications correctly, but no scrobbles :( safari 5.0.6, bandcamp atm

• faith84 sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2013, 11:05
    Having the same problem of xavoh,
    error message displays "safari-extension://com.cgravolet.scroblr-4a2362d4rx/97128a1b/scroblr-access-granted.html?token=5c5749499d97945c02821249831f0ae4" and I can't authenticate :\ (I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8, Safari 5.0.6)

Faith: "the road to redemption is a rocky path"
    • Ashura2k sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 feb 2013, 21:36
    Same problem as faith84! Also on Mac OS x 10.5.8 and Safari 5.0.6. I tried copy+pasting the url in the error message, but still no dice.

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 2 feb 2013, 02:28
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll take a look into the Safari issues. In the meantime, the chrome version seems to be working fine.

• Jango has stopped today to scrobble and to show notifications. Chrome 24.0.1312.57.
    Started to occur after the renewal of permissions for your app. And the Jango site looks redesigned now, too.
    Otherwise your app has been working fine for bandcamp. Thanks!
    PS Accuradio has worked scrobblewise only very few times

• It won't scrooble from bandcamp.

With Love from the Ruhr Valley - With Hate to Hipsters and Scene Kids !
  • Hey cgnost,

Just wondering if it would be possible to add an option for correcting tracks as they scrobble? For example, listening to tracks from Tying Tiffany's One EP on Soundcloud will result in tracks being scrobbled like: "TyingTiffany - Tying Tiffany - One Second", instead of: "Tying Tiffany - One Second

I know there used to be (it might still exist, I have no idea) a Firefox extension that scrobbled Youtube videos and corrections could be made for the artist/track before they actually did scrobble. Perhaps you can add that functionality to scroblr?

• mantooth sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2013, 23:21

Safari error

I am on Safari and having the same issue that people were reporting back in December/January. When I click the "authorize" button, I'm taken to Last.fm where it has me enter my username/password. After logging in, it has me verify that I want to connect my account with Scroblr but then I get the safari-extension://com.cgravolet.scroblr error. I tried cutting and pasting the URL as had been mentioned but that didn't help at all. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 2 maj 2013, 22:33
    cloudlessness said:
    Hey cgnost,

Just wondering if it would be possible to add an option for correcting tracks as they scrobble? For example, listening to tracks from Tying Tiffany's One EP on Soundcloud will result in tracks being scrobbled like: "TyingTiffany - Tying Tiffany - One Second", instead of: "Tying Tiffany - One Second

I know there used to be (it might still exist, I have no idea) a Firefox extension that scrobbled Youtube videos and corrections could be made for the artist/track before they actually did scrobble. Perhaps you can add that functionality to scroblr?

I know what you're talking about, I thought that was a cool feature when I saw it in the YouTube scrobbling extension. I do have plans to add that, just been so busy with work lately I haven't had enough time to devote to working on version 2.0... bear with me :)

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 2 maj 2013, 22:36

Re: Safari error

mantooth said:
    I am on Safari and having the same issue that people were reporting back in December/January. When I click the "authorize" button, I'm taken to Last.fm where it has me enter my username/password. After logging in, it has me verify that I want to connect my account with Scroblr but then I get the safari-extension://com.cgravolet.scroblr error. I tried cutting and pasting the URL as had been mentioned but that didn't help at all. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I addressed your problem on Twitter a couple weeks ago but I might as well publish the solution here for the benefit of others.

For some reason the identifier in the URL gets switched to lowercase when it makes the round trip back from authorizing on Last.fm... the solution is to manually update the URL in the section where it says "4a2362d4rx", change it to "4A2362D4RX" (uppercase letters)

• maximem sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 maj 2013, 10:03
    This might seem silly - but I can't authenticate with last.fm. Where do I do it?
    Some people mention an icon for scroblr - where is it? I don't see one in Chrome. I went into the extensions and clicked through options and permissions and wasn't able to find anywhere to authenticate. I'm not sure how to make the icon appear anywhere either - is it in like a favourites bar? Thanks for any help :)

*EDIT: Darn, just answered my own question and found the icon, directly to the right of the address bar (before the "customize and control google chrome button). My chrome 'skin' is very dark so the icon didn't show up until I hovered over it and could see it! Thanks for this :)

• cgnost sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 9 jun 2013, 19:50
    Version 2 of scroblr is now available. This is a pretty big update, most of the code was rewritten, a few new sites added, new design, etc.

Download here
    http://scroblr.fm

What's new?
    • Ability to love tracks
    • Ability to manually edit track information
    • Ability to mark tracks as do-not-scrobble
    • Integrated settings panel, options no longer buried under a separate page
    • Site launcher visible when no tracks are being played
    • Safari and Chrome versions brought in line to be more consistent with each other

Any bugs you encounter with the new version can be reported by replying in this thread or sent to me via twitter. Thanks!

• JesseKV sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jul 2013, 16:50

nw

It's not scrobbling from turntable.fm on Chrome. It comes up as Now Playing but never scrobbles.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.