Forum » Web Site Support

Plays a track I banned frequently

• Just to report that that hellish Fennesz track, "Made in Hong Kong" still played for me (this time while on "Stars of the Lid Radio") even if the track page linked to it says that this song was banned by me. This is the link:

http://www.last.fm/music/Fennesz/_/Made+in+Hong+Kong

I had previously banned all the Hong Kong lookalikes using MassTagger, just did it again to make sure.

• C-Otto sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jul 2011, 07:29
    Any news?

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 jul 2011, 14:41
    intransitive said:
    Just to report that that hellish Fennesz track, "Made in Hong Kong" still played for me (this time while on "Stars of the Lid Radio") even if the track page linked to it says that this song was banned by me. This is the link:

http://www.last.fm/music/Fennesz/_/Made+in+Hong+Kong

I had previously banned all the Hong Kong lookalikes using MassTagger, just did it again to make sure.
    I looked through some of your banned tracks. I don't see Made in Hongkong in the list. Can you try banning it again?

I wonder if the redirection is causing the ban to fail even when applied to the original name of the track.

Edit: tried it myself - the ban gets attached to the redirect. I think we have a bug here.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • STOP PLAYING THE SONGS I DISLIKE!

Hi, I listen to last.fm at work. I frequently have to ban the same songs I click "ban" on multiple times. I don't notice any less frequency of occurence for these songs than the songs I click "love" for.

Any answers or resolution last.fm staff?

• C-Otto sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 dec 2011, 15:41
    This thread is old and was closed, but I asked to re-open it.

The reason for this is that I encountered the bug again, this time using the client software (Linux x86_64, Debian in my case).

Please fix this bug. It has been known for five months now.

Thanks,
    Carsten

• Can you let us know the specific track or tracks please?

• C-Otto sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 dec 2011, 20:06
    Sure. I did that already, but here we go again.

"[unknown] – ?"

I banned that track in February and several times since then. The preview I can start on my "banned tracks" page does not play the song I get to hear when normally playing. I guess you have some kind of duplicate in your database and the "is it banned?" check regards the wrong copy.

Thanks,
    Carsten

• C-Otto sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2011, 18:44
    Hm, nothing happened - again (or still?). What is the status?

• C-Otto sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jan 2012, 10:49
    Another week passed, nothing happened?

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 9 jan 2012, 20:43
    snyde1 said:
    Edit: tried it myself - the ban gets attached to the redirect. I think we have a bug here.
    I'd guess this bug is still around and it's the cause of all the problems.

• C-Otto sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jan 2012, 13:19
    This is obvious. What we need is someone official to deal with this "support forum".

• @C-Otto: Do you have this track banned? http://www.last.fm/music/%5Bunknown%5D/_/%253F

• C-Otto sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jan 2012, 08:57
    Knapster: Yes

• I think i've found the offending correction, which has been removed. Hopefully that should resolve the issue.

• C-Otto sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 jan 2012, 13:47
    Thanks! I'll tell you if I experience the problem again.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.