Forum » Web Site Support

Weird cover version of song being played in radio

• Weird cover version of song being played in radio

Whenever LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends comes up in one of my stations, it plays this seriously weird cover version with a guy who is absolutely horrible at singing. Can this be fixed? My ears will thank you.

• Now removed... sorry about that!

• Awesome. Thanks!

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jul 2011, 16:50
    So can just anyone upload anything they like onto any lastfm track page?

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • There is an authorisation process. Occasionally one will slip through, or our ingestion system will make an error with regards to corrections. We'll get them sorted once we know about them... eventually. :)

• Re: Weird cover version of song being played in radio

Actually, that cover version was by John Cale of The Velvet Underground. The reason it probably appeared was because LCD Soundsystem included the covers by Cale and Franz Ferdinand on the official single release of "All My Friends", which meant that they may have been uploaded on accident by LCD Soundsystem's label(s) alongside the actual LCD Soundsystem recording (although i've never heard the Franz Ferdinand version on the streaming radio, only the LCD Soundsystem and Cale versions).

• phinstah sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jul 2011, 04:10
    There have been a lot of tracks attributed to Led Zeppelin that are nothing more than classic rock covers being played when I listen to Them Crooked Vultures radio. I have 5 of them so far on my banned list, is there a way to report that kind of thing other than the forum? Or is this the right place for such things?

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jul 2011, 17:22
    There are groups :
    http://www.last.fm/group/Wrong+Versions
    &
    http://www.last.fm/group/Boulevard+of+Broken+Streams

but I get the feeling that the best chance of action is with
    a polite forum post
    with a link to the track
    on a Monday to Thursday
    preferably when Knapster01 is at work ;-)

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.