Forum » Web Site Support

charts for other sites?

• charts for other sites?

Charts such as http://imagegen.last.fm/red/oartists/thoughtxriot.gif don't update when ym list updates. If i change "red" to like "green", itll be fixed, but I can't keep the samecolor and have it update. Why?

• numlawd sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jan 2006, 03:15
    When you pick a chart (such as green) you haven't used before, it renders it immediately; whereas when you use a chart (such as red) that's already been rendered once, it is served as a static image.

In other words, the first time a chart is rendered it's also saved as an image file in the static.last.fm site, for efficiency. Subsequent accesses just return the static image.

Every Monday afternoon, the static.last.fm images are re-rendered so that they match the weekly charts.

I think that's what happens anyway :-)

• what about for the overall chart? is that updated every monday along with weekly?

• numlawd sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jan 2006, 03:36
    I'm not sure -- hopefully it's updated about once a day for the overall chart. Maybe one of the moderators knows?

• lozzd sa...
    • Alumni
    • 6 jan 2006, 03:37

Re:

Quoth numlawd:
    I'm not sure -- hopefully it's updated about once a day for the overall chart. Maybe one of the moderators knows?

Nope. :)

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
    • mokele sa...
    • Alumni
    • 6 jan 2006, 10:22

Re: Re:

Quoth lozzd:
    Quoth numlawd:

Nope. :)

Yes, it's done every day... but only if your image is rerequested (the website that the image is on is accessed). When the image is out of date, looking at it triggers it to be added to the rerendering queue. It will be slightly out, but that's the problem when we can't have every request regenerating the image (this would probably kill our webservers). It's all about patience ;)

You images were only created today :p

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.