Forum » Web Site Support

Is it possible to combine, redirect, or merge artists somehow?

• redleaf sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jan 2006, 03:49

Is it possible to combine, redirect, or merge artists somehow?

Is it possible to have The Wipers And Greg Sage point to Wipers? Or combine them somehow?

Emusic has The Best Of on their site labeled and ID3 tagged as The Wipers and Greg Sage for some reason. It should just be Wipers.

They're the same thing.

Do I need to go to Musicbrainz like this FAQ suggests?

Thanks.

• muz sa...
    • Alumni
    • 4 jan 2006, 08:37
    Well, if it's suggested by the FAQ, it must mean someone in power, obviously with knowledge on the matter, put it there :P

So yeah, that'd be the place to go.

• johnli sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jan 2006, 09:47
    All artist moderation has been suspended on last.fm until they can integrate the database with MusicBrainz to replicate data. Once this happens, we will start moderating here again, in the mean time ensure that the data is correct at musicbrainz.

• redleaf sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jan 2006, 04:59
    Thanks.

I just wasn't sure if that FAQ applied to my problem or not. Since the name/spelling/recording are correct, but then again they're wrong. I know you can delete songs in the profile editor. But I wasn't sure if you could also edit them in there somehow.

I've added a listing for The Wipers And Greg Sage on Musicbrainz as there wasn't one already. And I've merged it into the Wipers listing. It says the changes are pending. Hopefully that does it.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.