Forum » Web Site Support

Late Submissions

• Themeros sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 12:04

Late Submissions

I know submissions were down this last weekend. But the few days that it was down, I played over 200 songs and they were all cached, waiting to be submitted (today).

The thing is, when they were submitted Last.Fm thought I was trying to "hack" the system because the chart had already been calculated and the files were with late dates.

So, basically this weekend's charts from everybody are not accurate!

Why not put the server down in the middle of the week when it will not affect the weekly charts?

Can't Last.Fm recalculate this weekend's chart since many files were not included in the charts because submissions were down and did not have a chance to be sent to the server before the calculation of the weekly charts?

• funkytom sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 12:08
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/70473/4#f720862 says the weekly charts will be redone...

• lozzd sa...
    • Alumni
    • 3 jan 2006, 12:11

Re: Late Submissions

Quoth Themeros:
    Why not put the server down in the middle of the week when it will not affect the weekly charts?

Are you having a laugh? You want the database to crash when you want do you?

I don't think Russ really wanted the database to crash on new years eve either, but I don't REALLY think he had much choice, before you start complaining just beause one of your weeks charts out of date.

Consider yourself lucky you have any data at all.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
    • Themeros sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 12:41
    I'm not ranting, just asking if it is possible.

I saw that submissions were down but I just didn't see the reason why it was off. I thought it was just shut down for the holidays or whatever... But actually was just a coincidence the database crashed in the holiday.

So ok, thanks for the replies and the news that it will actually be redone.

:)

• lozzd sa...
    • Alumni
    • 3 jan 2006, 23:58
    The submissions are never shut down unless its absolutely neccesary.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
  • Is it possible that i've lost my submissions for the past few days (since December 30th)? My cache went back to zero whenever I closed WinAmp. I closed WinAmp twice.

I've just disabled and then enabled my plugin and my recent track is now showing and my total play count has gone up by 1.

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work!

• Dustyfan sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jan 2006, 10:18
    After the submissions were 'on' again, during the night of 2/3 Jan. all tracks I had in cache were submitted (and more... ;) ) But since than, no more tracks have been submitted anymore. I have about 90 in cache now, and while autoscrobbler tries to connect, it get's disconnected at the moment it wants to start uploading. Why is that?

• Dustyfan sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jan 2006, 10:39

Solved !! :-)

Sometimes an answer is so close at your nose, that you don't see it. At least this question is answered:

When you change your password, you have to change it seperately in the Autoscrobbler and in the last.fm player. Easy, yes. Logical, indeed.

Just in case someone is having the same question sometime.... take advantage of my blunder ;-)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.