Forum » Web Site Support

spam protection?

• awse sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jan 2006, 23:51

spam protection?

Why do i get this messages as showed on my page?
    (see link..)

http://img342.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lastfm7jo.jpg

• your track no. 7 was submited in january, but you were trying to submit earlier (december) tracks after it... the spam protection (usually) won't allow tracks with earlier timestamps to be submitted after later ones.

(usually = when the spam protection works properly...)

Redigerad av simulacra den 3 jan 2006, 00:07
    • lozzd sa...
    • Alumni
    • 3 jan 2006, 00:07
    Yeah something very confusing happened there...

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
    • Russ sa...
    • Alumni
    • 3 jan 2006, 00:10
    I'm guessing the reason that tracks are out-of-order in Recent Tracks is because some are from Audioscrobbler and some are radio submissions (these will not trigger spam protection).

The reason spam protection is triggered is probably because your plugin got confused when we started submissions up again and sent everything twice. This is perfectly normal when submissions are slow.

• nco_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 00:13
    I'm also getting spam protection box.
    Submissions are ok now, my profile updated (overall artists & tracks are from january, 2). But it seems all the tracks I listened to during the server problem are lost. (exemple, I listened about 10 times TTC - Ebisu Rendez Vous, and the play count did not change at all).

Am I wrong ? Is there a chance to get the songs played between 12/31 and 01/02 back ?

• Russ sa...
    • Alumni
    • 3 jan 2006, 00:17
    If your lists are from January 2nd, that's at least 25 minutes ago (I only restarted the list generator about 40mins ago). Maybe you should wait for the lists to update again before you draw any conclusions.

• nco_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 00:19
    ok. thanks for the answer. I'll wait :)

• nco_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 13:55
    Ok, so the list updated again, nothing changed, and I'm still getting this spam protection box...

• nyrblue2 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 15:00
    sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm not really sure what to search for to check, and this seems like an appropriate thread to ask the question...

I have been listening to songs on my laptop at home, but I dont have internet there, so the cache file is just building up. At the same time, I have been listening to stuff here at work, and it is getting submitted properly. When I get back to the internet with my laptop, will the logged songs be submitted correctly even though I already have more recent songs submitted?

• jontorp sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 15:05
    As far as I know and have experienced personally, that should pose no problem. Your cached files will be submitted 'normally'

• Re:

Quoth nyrblue2:
    I have been listening to songs on my laptop at home, but I dont have internet there, so the cache file is just building up. At the same time, I have been listening to stuff here at work, and it is getting submitted properly. When I get back to the internet with my laptop, will the logged songs be submitted correctly even though I already have more recent songs submitted?

I asked this, this morning on a different thread but don't have a reply yet. I think it will be classed as spam unfortunately. I'm expecting to get 180 odd tracks at home which have cached in the server downtime blocked as I'm listening to songs here in work. I'll report back this evening!

• ShmoJoe sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 19:40
    I've the same problem: listen to a lot of songs at home at New Year's eve - due to server crash the songs were all cached - so far so good.

Today I go to work and listen there with another pc to some songs. After the last.fm submissions-server is online since today, foobar directly transfer the songs at work to my profile.

Then I go home and start playing some music here on my private PC - than I got the message:

<Some tracks you submitted have not been added to your profile for the following reason: Spam protection triggered: You submitted a track dated earlier than your last submission.>

Of course the cached songs on my private PC from New Year were 'older' than the songs which I transmitted today on work - but this is no spam - any solution for that?

• All seems to have worked fine. I obviously don't understand the spam protection properly then!

• kapina sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jan 2006, 10:23
    Seems like a recent thread with some action, so I'll add "me too" post here. It's pretty confusing to see that box pop up every other time I'm listening something. No network outages at my end, no laptop any more... Maybe it's the Quod Libet plugin?

Only time I've definitely "lost" listened tracks was during the recent server problems.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.