Forum » Web Site Support

Band names that trigger the spam filter

• djkc sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2005, 13:23

Band names that trigger the spam filter

Was there ever a white list added for known groups that trigger it or do we still have to do work arounds like using fullwidth characters? Just noticed that the spam filter objects to all songs by the group MOSAIC.WAV because of how it looks like the .wav extension... They're on MB but don't even have a page here thanks to the spam filter.

• Russ sa...
    • Alumni
    • 30 dec 2005, 13:37
    These are the bad artist names:

"^\\([0-9]+\\)"
    "^artist$"
    "\\.ogg$"
    "\\.mp3$"
    "\\.wav$"
    "^track [0-9]+"
    "^incomplete"
    "^novel artiste"
    "[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2} [0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}$"
    "^\\[Buffering [0-9]{0,3}%\\]"
    "http:\\/\\/"
    "^\\[[0-9]+\\]"
    "^\\([\\S\\s]+\\)$"
    "^\\[[\\S\\s]+\\]$")
    "^unknown$"
    "noartist"
    "unknown\\sartist"
    "no\\sartist"
    "various\\sartists"
    "^various$"
    "^va$"
    "^v\\/a$"

Album names:

"/^\\([0-9]+\\)/i"
    "/^albumi"
    "/^novel album/i"
    "/http:\\/\\//"
    "/^\\[[0-9]+\\]/"
    "/^\\([\\S\\s]+\\)$/"
    "/^\\[[\\S\\s]+\\]$/"
    "/unknown/i"
    "/n\\/a/i"
    "/noalbum/i"
    "/unknown\\salbum/i"
    "/no\\salbum/i"
    "/various\\salbums/i"
    "/various/i"
    "/va/i"
    "/v\\/a/i"
    "/\\-/"

Track names:

"[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2} [0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}$/"
    "- *[0-9]+ *-"
    "\\.ogg$"
    "\\.mp3$"
    "\\.wav$"
    "^Track[0-9]{1,2}"
    "^\\([0-9]{2,}\\)"
    "\\(1\\)$"
    "^\\[[0-9]+\\]"
    "^AudioTrack [0-9]+"
    "^\\([\\S\\s]+\\)$"
    "AlbumWrap"

No whitelists planned, but when I switch MBID submission back on it'll submit assuming it's MB tagged.

• djkc sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2005, 14:16
    "\\.wav$" is what it was hitting, like I thought. Oh well, was hoping there was one for the known good groups since not every player/plugin submits the IDs yet. I switched it to a fullwidth . for now but I imagine a fair amount of their submissions are getting dumped considering they didn't even have a page on here under the correct version of their name. Seems like a few others are using the same solution -_-;

• maybe this could be a sticky..?

• muz sa...
    • Alumni
    • 30 dec 2005, 16:55

Re:

Quoth simulacra:
    maybe this could be a sticky..?

Or maybe not.

Small policy here, only 4 stickies at a time, not to worry, I'll see about editing the current known issues to link to this.

• Re: Re:

Quoth mustaqila:
    Quoth simulacra:

Or maybe not.

Small policy here, only 4 stickies at a time, not to worry, I'll see about editing the current known issues to link to this.

...okay... :) i just thought this thread could be useful

• Just a small issue with this, but a lot of, for example, experimental, IDM etc. bands have some pretty wierd track names. Is it not concievable they could be picked up by this?

Official Anti-Isreali Venom Dog and General Wacko!
    AntiOxymoron/LonerRD: "Free speech is not acceptable"
    • muz sa...
    • Alumni
    • 5 jan 2006, 19:23
    And that's why there exists a solution, or one to be implemented as such.

Add the relevant data to MusicBrainz and then using the MB tagging applications, tag your items so that they're assigned MBIDs and such.

Then, provided your plug-in supports MBID submission, it will be sent to the submissions server and processed accordingly.

• Damae sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jan 2006, 22:18
    the artist [[[[VVRSSNN]]]] sets off a "Badly Tagged" notice, but it never used to up until recently.

• Russ sa...
    • Alumni
    • 5 jan 2006, 22:25

Re:

Quoth Damae:
    the artist [[[[VVRSSNN]]]] sets off a "Badly Tagged" notice, but it never used to up until recently.

That's not because we've changed the filters (which we haven't done in about a year now), it's because we didn't display the warning message until a few weeks ago.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jan 2006, 22:44

Re:

Quoth mustaqila:
    And that's why there exists a solution, or one to be implemented as such.

Add the relevant data to MusicBrainz and then using the MB tagging applications, tag your items so that they're assigned MBIDs and such.

Then, provided your plug-in supports MBID submission, it will be sent to the submissions server and processed accordingly.

Making every user do the work seems a pretty poor solution to me. Surely it would be better to make changes on the server than make thousands of people retag their files.

I'd suggest some sort of system where if the track/artist/album name already exists on last.fm or in musicbrainz (assuming integration), the submission is accepted. The spam filtering rules should only apply to new entries.

• Russ sa...
    • Alumni
    • 5 jan 2006, 23:18

Re: Re:

Quoth DontLetsStart:
    I'd suggest some sort of system where if the track/artist/album name already exists on last.fm or in musicbrainz (assuming integration), the submission is accepted. The spam filtering rules should only apply to new entries.

It's obviously no use using our database because if it's caught by the spam filter, since it'd have to pass the spam filter to be added in the first place ;).

We're working on a system based on MusicBrainz, but we've got scalability issues to sort out on this one, and for several reasons it's taking a while.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jan 2006, 00:01

Re: Re: Re:

Quoth Russ:
    Quoth DontLetsStart:

It's obviously no use using our database because if it's caught by the spam filter, since it'd have to pass the spam filter to be added in the first place ;).

We're working on a system based on MusicBrainz, but we've got scalability issues to sort out on this one, and for several reasons it's taking a while.

But there are artists/tracks/albums in the system that would otherwise get caught by the spam filter, aren't there?

• Re: Re:

Quoth mustaqila:
    Quoth simulacra:

Or maybe not.

Isn't there five stickies in GD at the mo..?

• lozzd sa...
    • Alumni
    • 6 jan 2006, 11:46

Re: Re: Re:

Quoth paperbagwriter:
    Quoth mustaqila:
    Quoth simulacra:

Or maybe not.

Isn't there five stickies in GD at the mo..?

No one cares about GD.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
    • muz sa...
    • Alumni
    • 6 jan 2006, 16:34
    That, and notice how I say "here", "here" referring to Web Site Support.

And as lozzd said no one cares for GD. All for good reason too.

• [spam]

[spam]

Aye
    Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 30 jul 2011, 04:32
    • smutek sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jan 2006, 21:59

Re:

Quoth Russ:
    Track names:
    "\\(1\\)$"

why?

x
    • Damae sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jan 2006, 09:33

Re: Re:

Quoth Russ:
    Quoth Damae:

That's not because we've changed the filters (which we haven't done in about a year now), it's because we didn't display the warning message until a few weeks ago.

no, because [[[[VVRSSNN]]]] used to be recorded, and now it's not. it always showed up on my recently played list. it also has a valid artist page along with fans and everything.

• Statick sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jan 2006, 14:39
    why are there no links to the musicbrainz site anywhere, considering how relevant the place is here ?

• muz sa...
    • Alumni
    • 9 jan 2006, 14:41

Re:

Quoth Statick:
    why are there no links to the musicbrainz site anywhere, considering how relevant the place is here ?

They were taken down due the MusicBrainz servers beind overloaded. You'll have to navigate to MB pages manually for the meanwhile.

• Re: Re: Re: [[[[VVRSSNN]]]]

Quoth Damae:
    Quoth Russ:
    Quoth Damae:

no, because [[[[VVRSSNN]]]] used to be recorded, and now it's not. it always showed up on my recently played list. it also has a valid artist page along with fans and everything.

This issue ought to be addressed. What's the point of a site like this if it fails to recognize a valid artist? Retagging these tracks with musicbrainz does not solve the problem.

• djkc sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jan 2006, 20:21

Re: Re: Re: Re: [[[[VVRSSNN]]]]

Retagging these tracks with musicbrainz does not solve the problem.

Err, it will. The eventual plan is that submissions with an MBID sent get to skip the name filter and just use the ID to fill in the artist/album/track info. But first that needs every plugin to submit MBIDs, people to have their files tagged by MB, and the feature actually implemented here...

That's why I asked if a white list was set up as an interim.

• taniwha sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jan 2006, 19:57
    much of my music is too rare to be on MB.

I'd submit it to MB, but they admit they delete the least popular stuff on MB because they don't have the indexing resources.

• Er... no, MB doesn't delete any valid listings.

The only things that get deleted are artists with no albums/tracks/relationships/info. (Reason being there's no point in keeping an artist listed if there's zero information for them.) Once any kind of info is added, they stay.

I believe what you're confusing, though, is that TRMs for the least popular stuff get deleted. However, that has no effect on the artist/album/track being listed. It would also mean nothing last.fm-wise, as the track's unique MusicBrainz ID, which is never deleted, is what would be sent to last.fm, not the TRM.

-HMA
    (Musicbrainz automoderator)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.