Forum » Web Site Support

Why is last.fm blocking imageshack linked images?

• Atitlan sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2011, 10:14

Why is last.fm blocking imageshack linked images?

Like many people I have a top 10 albums list displayed within my profile. This uses images from imageshack.

The link is showing in my page as broken. Using 'display image in new tab' takes it to the last.fm 'caution - untrustworthy site' link. The image is still available on imageshack.

This is ridiculous; it's a jpeg image file.

This smacks more of corporate bullshit than any genuine protection of customers.

This needs resolving - there is no reason why people shouldn't be able to display an externally linked image on their profile page.

• enkydu sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2011, 11:52
  • Hello,

In the early hours of yesterday morning we started seeing a phenomenal amount of spam being sent to Last.fm users that relied on imageshack links. We'll be in a better place to deal with it on Monday, but for the weekend links to imageshack have been temporarily disabled. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Sit tight and your images will work again from tomorrow.

• Atitlan sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2011, 08:26
    So instead of dealing with the specific problem it was the typical corporate sledgehammer to crack a nut approach of blocking the entire imageshack site - that's like last.fm being blocked everywhere because a few bootlegged tracks show up.

How about looking up the word 'proportionate'?!

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2011, 09:11
    Atitlan said:
    How about looking up the word 'proportionate'?!
    By the looks of your response you also need a refresher.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • niteria sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2011, 11:26
    I'd like to add that it affects a lot of users.
    Most of Top Albums Generator ( http://covers.nmstudio.pl ) users use free version which hosts images on imageshack.us. There are currently 500k our images that are hosted on imageshack, moving them would be a lot of pain.
    Putting arbitrary url into img tag is harmless most of the time. The only way it could hurt last.fm is if last.fm had csrf vurnelabilities. But blocking whole imageshack.us isn't going to solve it anyway.

I hope it'll be resolved soon.

• Imageshack would be working again now, all OK for you as well? :)

• yesssssss :] thank you, last.fm!

• niteria sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2011, 18:48
    Everything went back to normal, thank you!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.