Forum » Web Site Support

Upload picture not possible

• Upload picture not possible

I've tried to upload a picture (jpeg) to the artist page of Mark Ryder and after 5 tries in 3 minutes I gave up. Do not see any issues mentioned nor anything on the LFM status page. Statusbar in browser says"waiting for LFM" but not getting any progress at all.

http://www.last.fm/music/Mark+Ryder/+images

Any idea why it's not possible?

I can't be held responsable for whatever i say
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 mar 2011, 18:30
    same here. uploading images doesn't work.

• We're having some timeout issues with our userstore (where we keep artist images, avatars etc.) which are ongoing i'm afraid. We hope to have this resolved soon.

• Yep, some images our artists already had uploaded have disappeared completely. At least, I cannot see them or get them to load in the image pages.

• Same issue as yesterday evening? Sometimes I was on an artist picture page and I could see the thumbnail versions but clicking them did not display them until the third try. It's seems like there is a very slow connection with the picture-server or an overload of that server.

• Nothing should be lost, even though they are not appearing. :)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 mar 2011, 19:26
    those uploaded and not appearing: refresh the page a few times and they appear. sometimes this takes longer. btw I was successfull in uploading 3 album covers but it took maybe an hour :/

• Yeah, artist profile pictures still give a problem, does not upload. But album-art is possible, how odd.

• Still WIP i'm afraid, however we are working on getting this fixed this morning.

• Naijca sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 16 mar 2011, 19:17
    It's nice to know you're aware, thank you for the hard work and good luck on the WIP. <3

Hear their screams, such sweet music. ♥ Message me → [Inbox]
    Last.fmで顧客サポートを行う。日本語でおk! → [メール]
  • any idea when this problem will be resolved?

• tried uploading an avatar but it just comes up as blank.

does this mean I will have to re-upload again once the problem's fixed?

• Naijca sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 16 mar 2011, 20:04
    michael_sc0tt said:
    tried uploading an avatar but it just comes up as blank.

does this mean I will have to re-upload again once the problem's fixed?
    That *might* be possible, I don't think anyone can say for sure yet. Just wait until tomorrow to see if your images are displaying/uploaded properly. If not, then you should check back on this thread.

• I've got a lot of cover-art of albums showing as blank images on my profile page of songs I've just listen to. If I go to the song page the connection to the album and it's art is visible, so some kinda bug.

• fredelig sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 mar 2011, 21:14
    I've seen that some artist pictures have dissappeared, but the pictures of some people - friends, neighbours, have dissappeared as well.

Your mother was a hampster, and your father smelt of elderberries
    • exerhlp sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 mar 2011, 22:22
    the same problem here - i can't upload a picture into my profile, and the old one disappeared..

-̖-̅
    mi̇$̣h
    • Naijca sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 16 mar 2011, 22:44
    Sorry everyone, I really hope as much as you do that it'll be sorted out as soon as possible. All we can do is wait for now.

Don't worry though, like Knapster01 said: Existing images shouldn't disappear when the problem is solved. They're hosted on the userstore, meaning they don't display right now because of the obvious issues. If they were hosted externally, it would've been another thing.

• Oh thank God I'm not the only one. I tried to upload a photo to an artist and it came up blank too :|

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2011, 03:30
    Yes, I'm glad that I found this thread. My sheer annoyance is now subsiding : )

Those that hear not the music, think the dancers mad.
  • It's weird, because the album covers don't show up on the website but they display just fine in the scrobbling software!

Subterrestrial - ambient / downtempo / experimental music
  • Okay, I thought it was just me. I logged on and my avatar was blank. >_>

• not seeing photos

I can't see some people's avatars and profile pictures either... I hope it can be fixed soon! :/

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2011, 05:07
    I hope so too! The whole site just looks slightly ravaged now.

Those that hear not the music, think the dancers mad.
  • some avatars and artist pictures are missing :(

• Dear Staff,

I'm having the same problem....MY profile Picture has just suddenly gone missing...Please kindly look into this issue asap.

Regards.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.