• Användare
    • 26 jun 2011, 22:16

Corrections (Part 5)

Tracks that are connected to:

Redigerad av DSwobod den 23 aug 2011, 10:36
    • Dianora sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jul 2011, 02:13
    Tracks that end up under The Rising should be scrobbled to The Rising.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jul 2011, 13:13

so why can't the bods at lastfm do anything about this again?

Crunk Juice, Crunk Juice, Crunk Juice should be Crunk Juice.

Kings Of Crunk should be Kings Of Crunk.

The Book Of Invasions should be The Book of Invasions.

and I see I'm not the only one to fall afoul of the Motorhead/Motörhead, Quincy Jones/Michael Jackson cock-ups

• I'm glad to see that this is a problem that's getting some attention. I first noticed it with my scrobbles on Unquestionable Presence but now I'm seeing it pop up everywhere in my library.

• reagan0 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 25 jul 2011, 02:27
    I've seen a similar issue with 4 tracks from Truth, by Jeff Beck. They scrobble to the same album title, but from a bogus artist called "Rod Stewart;Jeff Beck". The other tracks scrobble correctly.

I'm also seeing this for 8 out of 12 tracks from Souled Out, by Tower of Power. They also scrobble to the same album title, from a bogus artist called "Tower Of Power -". Again, the other 4 tracks scrobble correctly.

There may be others in my Library, but these are just the ones that I've caught in the act. I deleted the misscrobbled Tower of Power tracks, but I've left the misscrobbled Jeff Beck tracks, simply because I got tired of going to the trouble of deleting them every time I play them.

• reagan0 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 25 jul 2011, 02:44
    BTW, I don't use auto-correction, and I don't use MusicBrainz ID tags. I manually label everything according to what's on the album cover or label.

I also fill out the album and artist tags, for all tracks from a particular album, as a group, to avoid variation within an album. That's part of what makes this so frustrating -- only some tracks from an album get misscrobbled, not all tracks.

• Användare
    • 1 aug 2011, 18:43
    • JeffV64 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 aug 2011, 14:27
    And another:

Cold Roses should scrobble to Cold Roses

This is another case of tracks scrobbling to both locations, but the latter is the correct one (musicbrainz link: Cold Roses)

• JeffV64 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 aug 2011, 15:27
    And another:

Across The Borderline should scrobble to Across The Borderline. Another case of some of the album tracks scrobbling to one location, while others scobble to another location.

EDIT: Since Willie Nelson;Bonnie Raitt is not a valid artist I suggested an autocorrection for that. Please vote on it! :) Next stop is the autocorrect brigade.

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2011, 19:09

Corrections (Part 6)

Tracks that are connected to:

Redigerad av DSwobod den 29 aug 2011, 07:20
    • reagan0 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 22 aug 2011, 11:01

Various Artist album hijacking my Neil Young scrobbles....

Several songs from Neil Young's Decade are getting hijacked by a Various Artists collection, also titled Decade. None of the tracks listed on the Various Artists album, are even remotely connected to Neil Young. So far, the tracks that are getting hijacked are:

Mr. Soul
    Sugar Mountain
    I Am A Child
    Cinnamon Girl

• Användare
    • 2 sep 2011, 20:13
    The album The Jeff Lorber Fusion should
    scrobble to The Jeff Lorber Fusion

Now that is all I huffing need, I deleted all scrobbles of the incorrect tag/artist
    for the above album and all scrobbles which should have been under the
    correct one have all faffing disappeared.. please sort this mess out.

• reagan0 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 5 sep 2011, 01:54
    Is this problem actually getting any attention? I see members posting their own issues, but I see no sign of anything being done about it by anyone from Last.fm. Does anyone else know of any work being done to remedy this issue?

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 sep 2011, 14:33
    Is this the place to report unmarked remixes as ?

Here's another thread: Wrong Song Playing

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
    • ayuxx sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 sep 2011, 01:22
    reagan0 said:
    Is this problem actually getting any attention? I see members posting their own issues, but I see no sign of anything being done about it by anyone from Last.fm. Does anyone else know of any work being done to remedy this issue?

I've been wondering this. I'm still looking for that Alice in Chains song to be fixed. Again is still automatically connecting to this album instead of this one.

• Användare
    • 6 sep 2011, 11:19
    This has been going on for at least two years. I started tagging the problematic albums under a different title, like for these albums. It looks silly but at least the album charts are accurate.

• My problem seems to be a bit different.

Some albums in my library link to a wrong artist page. When I listen to the songs, they scrobble to the right page, but keep appearing wrong in my library.

My songs scrobble to Mirrorcle World but it keeps appearing as Mirrorcle World in my library. Same with talkin' 2 myself -> talkin' 2 myself.

The artist's main page had this problem for a while until some time ago when it magically (?) turned back to normal.

I might be wrong but I think my problem is a bit easier to solve as it's a bit different from what everybody is posting here.

Any opinions?

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 sep 2011, 19:55
    reagan0 wrote:
    Is this problem actually getting any attention?
    c4t2007 wrote:
    Is this the place to report unmarked remixes as ?
    Konomichan wrote:
    My problem seems to be a bit different.
    No. ;-)

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 sep 2011, 20:39

Hoping for official news about and implementation of RELEASE GROUPS

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the trolling...

Now the longer answers:
    No, there is not really any offical news, attention or reply to our collections of these different kinds of "connection" and "correction" problems. From private communication with Knapster01 I can disclose this: There is a more elegant solution in the works, it's a little complicated but is the next main project for the data team.

Essentially everything will be moved into release groups, this paves the way for album corrections, and artist disambiguation. This is no small project I'm afraid, but I've been pushing for someone to make a more official announcement regarding this for some time.

More news as and when it happens.
    But that's pretty much all there is and was and it's been quite a while. Although in my opinion it is not necessary to solve all the problems like this, but it would be best just to switch off auto-corrections, I am looking forward to this. On one hand, because I know that most people like the auto-corrections, and on the other hand, because it should not only solve the problem of messed-up libraries because of
    • tracks, which are connected to an album with the same name by another artist
    • tracks, which are connected to an album with a different name by the same artist
    • tracks, which are connected to a completely different album
    • tracks, which are connected to no album at all
    but also should the last.fm-website learn to distinguish between artists with the same name and maybe even make it possible to stop the ridiculous war over the artists Boa and BoA, if different capitalizations become possible after disambiguation...

Most people posting in THIS particular thread where only collecting information about albums of the first kind with tracks, which are connected to an album with the same name by another artist, because there were separate threads for the other problems. But since last.fm wants to solve these problems together it doesn't really matter where we post.

So, in general, any mod with the right and wish to do so, could change the topic of this thread to "Hoping for official news about and implementation of RELEASE GROUPS".

• Look, my problem really is different. I opened a similar thread some weeks ago and one of the albums previously having this problem now links to the right page, so someone must have done something with it. I don't know about everyone else's problems but my one is definitely solvable. I just didn't want to open a new thread again since this one has already existed for a while and I thought it would get more attention this way.

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 sep 2011, 21:52
    Hey Nora,
    I guess I misunderstand you, but from your description it still sounds like the same problem. I am trying to find out what you mean by looking at your library but I cannot find any tracks in your library connected to any of these four albums you linked to. Only GUILTY seems to be scrobbled. Did you delete the wrong ones already?

• Yeah, I thought that would solve my problem but obviously I was wrong :) If you check these albums here, they still link to the wrong page. GUILTY had the same problem but now it's normal again. That's why I think it must be a different kind of problem which is much easier to solve and has definitely nothing to do with different artists sharing the same name or whatever.

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 sep 2011, 22:35
    DSwobod wrote:
    Most people posting in THIS particular thread where only collecting information about albums of the first kind with tracks, which are connected to an album with the same name by another artist, because there were separate threads for the other problems.
    Yours is the problem, why I actually hijacked this thread and started the lists of albums. So, again, no, it is the problem, we have. But additionally there is a second thing happening, because 浜崎あゆみ has also a redirect. This wrong linking from your last post is something that has not been mentionend (like outrenoir wrote you in the other thread) but the wrongly connected tracks in your library are exactly what is listed in this thread.

But why are we fighting about what your problem is like? The problem is, last.fm didn't solve the problem during the last two or more years and doesn't reply in any of the threads anymore. As long as there is no progress and no official reply, it doesn't matter, what we post and who am I to say what is wrong or right in which thread anyway?

Redigerad av DSwobod den 9 sep 2011, 15:02
  • What I still don't understand is why GUILTY doesn't have this problem anymore. Wouldn't this mean there's a one-click solution to this problem? I'm just asking this as I don't really know anything about this issue except for what I've already mentioned, I only noticed it like two weeks ago :) I'm not really sure it's a different kind of problem, but the fact that GUILTY doesn't have this wrong linking anymore just keeps bugging me. How come there's no sign of anything being done about this issue but this one particular album suddenly turned back to normal? And no, I don't intend to fight about this, I just want a reasonable answer from anyone who knows why it happened.

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 sep 2011, 15:05
    Konomichan wrote:
    [...] I just want a reasonable answer from anyone who knows why it happened.
    I am afraid, there is nobody who knows...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.