Forum » Web Site Support

Track automatically connected to wrong album

• meriumi sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jan 2011, 12:31

Track automatically connected to wrong album

I apologize in case a thread for this kind of issues already exists - I looked through the forum, read the rules and FAQ, searched the forum and whatnot, but couldn't find anything that would have responded exactly to the problem.

The issue:
    Some tracks are being connected to wrong albums automatically, or on the other hand lacks an album despite the existence of one.

Example:
    不眠症の眠り姫 - when scrobbled, this track is automatically connected to the album (single) あしタ、天気ニなぁレ。. No such album (single) really exists. The correct name for the album (single) is あしタ、元気ニなぁレ。, and despite the track is said to be appearing on that album (single), it still automatically connects to the faulty one.

Proof: Musicbrainz

• Last.fm don't do album corrections in the same way it does artist and track corrections, mainly because a track can appear on multiple albums, and we don't have a way yet to reliably identify which album a track should appear on based on the information we receive from scrobbling.

• DanKirby sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jan 2011, 13:23
    This issue has been brought up in the past; for example: http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/658177/

• I agree it's a bit annoying when tracks ignore what's actually in your tags and associate with an uploaded album, which is sometimes a Various Artists compilation (more annoying if it's not what you're listening to the song on, otherwise tolerable)

Can't the system just scrobble our album tags (from our files), before autocorrection even becomes an issue (I don't even use autocorrect)? Spot the mess made with Lastfm pulling half the tracks to an uploaded album but not others: ((fixed this one))

edit: annoying typo fixed

edit 2: example redundant

Redigerad av outrenoir den 28 sep 2011, 17:07
    • meriumi sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2011, 15:00
    Knapster01 said:
    Last.fm don't do album corrections in the same way it does artist and track corrections, mainly because a track can appear on multiple albums, and we don't have a way yet to reliably identify which album a track should appear on based on the information we receive from scrobbling.

In that case, why does this kind of autocorrection occur at all?

• it's really frustrating having no control over your album tags!

Is there/ could there be a way to opt out?

• We're not asking for corrections of albums, just that our album tags are not being split over several albums including misspellings just because some of the tracks are uploaded so

I don't necessarily care if an album has been uploaded or not I just want my library to make sense

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2011, 11:42

Please find a way to switch it OFF...

Yes, this is extremely annoying. Why can we only switch off the auto-correction for Artist and Title?

One of my favourite albums doesn't show up under its artist. All tracks are autocorrected to be on this album: Always. If you compare the artist name on the cover and in the track list with the one that the album is linked to, it is obviously wrong. If you look on Iza Mustafa Zadeha you see that nobody ever listened to this nonexistent artist. But the album has thousands of scrobbles due to auto-correction. Why can it not just be switched off? I spend an immense amount of time on correcting every tag to get my charts right and last.fm automatically messes it up. What's up with the nice "keep your stats clean" message... WE DO!

Is there a way to contact a label? I mean, if there is a problem with switching it off, one should be able to contact the label, that they change the tags. But there is no way to contact them. For most labels there are not even people who wrote a wiki or anything. Where can we get help?

Edit: Apparently I was extremely tired when I wrote this. Just corrected about ten typos...

Redigerad av DSwobod den 12 maj 2011, 11:17
  • same here but they ignore me :D
    Knapster01 said:
    Last.fm don't do album corrections in the same way it does artist and track corrections, mainly because a track can appear on multiple albums, and we don't have a way yet to reliably identify which album a track should appear on based on the information we receive from scrobbling.
    you say that but as I remember last.fm didn't do that before what we all describe here.

It's strange when I listen to a whole album (and as I noticed, it only occurs with albums taped in non-english alphabet), there're few songs that are scrobbled under total bullshit-album, rest under the right tag (and all is tagged the same!)

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 mar 2011, 11:18
    Well, it seems there is another thread stating the problem. First it was only songs and spelling difference of the artist, but the example with the Koda album Multiq EP is similar to what we have here...

Is there any official reply? Is it possible to make last.fm accept the tags as they are submitted without changing the albumartist? Any way to contact CBS/SONY or the Carinco AG?

I have many more examples in my library, that show that it has nothing to do with being Asian. It's a general problem. A very mainstream example:
    Santana and Carlos Santana. In this case, both artists exist, but why are three of the tracks from the solo album scrobbled to the band name album and only the others to the right album? Bella even shows up twice, depending on whether I scrobble it from my hard drive or the radio. (And it is a case for the capitalization thread...)

Redigerad av DSwobod den 23 mar 2011, 09:01
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 mar 2011, 15:49
    If they should correct anything, they should correct the songs that don't even GO to an album. Some of the songs that I play on my radio are "Unknown Album"...

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 mar 2011, 15:55
    I agree, but it is a huge load of work to correct all this and I understand that it takes a lot of time and many people to do this.

The annoying thing, pointed at in this thread is, that with corrected tags, you still get the wrong result because of some auto-correct thing, that searches for an albumartist to the album name instead of taking the trackartist which is submitted. It is more of a general correction in the last.fm code than adding albums for thousands of songs.

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 mar 2011, 11:10
    Hello Last.fm,
    is there any use in me listing more of those mistakes or can't you do anything about it? Is anybody working on it? Please post some official reply, so that we know if it makes sense to spend more time on this issue or if we just have to learn to get used to it (and do our charts for the albums affected outside of last.fm)...

Thank you.

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 apr 2011, 14:24

Corrections (Part 1)

Tracks that are connected to:

Redigerad av DSwobod den 23 aug 2011, 10:37
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 apr 2011, 09:29
    It's quite frustrating when you have your tags all fixed and still last.fm manages to screw up ones charts.

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 apr 2011, 08:13
    Knapster01 added some news to his answer:
    [...] we can't currently fix this problem. When we do get around to the larger improvement of adding release groups, this issue will be resolved. Not to mention it's a step in the right direction toward artist disambiguation.
    Thank you, Knapster01. But I still think it would have been nice to reply here at least once again.

• petason sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 apr 2011, 13:50

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Knapster01 den 14 apr 2011, 14:18
  • DSwobod said:
    Knapster01 added some news to his answer:
    [...] we can't currently fix this problem. When we do get around to the larger improvement of adding release groups, this issue will be resolved. Not to mention it's a step in the right direction toward artist disambiguation.
    Thank you, Knapster01. But I still think it would have been nice to reply here at least once again.
    Sadly i'm not omnipresent, and that it falls to the more eagle eyed amongst you to spot helpful information. ;)

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2011, 14:15

Corrections (Part 2)

I will just continue to add what I find here then. Maybe it will be of use for the new solution with the release groups later on.

Tracks that are connected to:

• DSwobod sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2011, 09:19
    What's the problem with these albums? They seem to be correct and your library shows that you listened to each song on these albums exactly once. They are not ripped apart.

Could you explain the problem?

• I listened to these albums with correct title tags (without inadequate upper or lower register). The problem is about album titles themselves. It would be nice to correct them.

Or maybe it's a slightly different issue (wrong thread)?

• I'm sorry for previous. I got it - wrong thread.

Here's another examples:
    The OZZman Cometh > The OZZman Cometh
    Back to Basics > Back to Basics

• az82 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 apr 2011, 17:08
    I'm trying to scrobble some tracks from Διονύσης Σαββόπουλος's album Τραπεζάκια έξω. All the tracks have correct album tags (Τραπεζάκια έξω). Some of them scrobble correctly under Τραπεζάκια έξω (e.g. Νέο κύμα, Μυστικό τοπίο, Το χειμώνα ετούτο), while others (e.g. Μας βαράνε ντέφια, Ας κρατήσουν οι χοροί, Τσάμικο) insist on scrobbling under Τραπεζάκια Έξω [Έ is the capital έ: epsilon (Ε, ε) with an accent]!

Edit: I see there's a problem with the display of some Greek characters: when hyperlinked, only (!) vowels with an accent disappear, when not hyperlinked all (!!!) Greek characters disappear... However when I edit the post, they are all there. Click "Quote" and you'll see them!

• I can confirm the issue az82 is describing. I've been having troubles with Russian albums myself.

Just have a look at Янтарные Слёзы in my library: it's a complete mess, with one album being "split" into four. I've double-checked the metadata on my FLAC files (with various programs, including foobar2000 and mp3tag), and they are definitely tagged with the exact same spelling, with absolutely no difference at all.

Please fix that.
    Thanks.

Redigerad av RaiseHell den 27 apr 2011, 22:54
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.