• C_ni sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2010, 04:47

Auto correction isn't working

In mine neither. What's going on?

• DanKirby sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2010, 04:58
    Yeah, noticed a bunch of broken auto-corrects in my library for 上木彩矢.

Also, her artist page is suggesting "ÐÀì§È»" as an alternate spelling, which is not right at all.

• part of the library changed correct artist names to wrong names.

• This has happened to me too. I have about 50 more artists in my library today than I did yesterday.

Some examples:
    Yesterday I was poking around my library and specifically noticed that BÔA and bôa had finally merged (the weird "o" is a different character in upper and lower case), and I had about 100 plays. Now they're split 60 scrobbles under one name and 40 under the other.

Also today, when I was looking at my overall chart and refreshed it, my plays for 비 went down and when I looked for a cause, my plays for Rain went higher!

WTF is going on.

Seriously.

The fact that last.fm has a terrible correction system is the one thing I absolutely despise about the site. It especially effects listeners of Asian music since half the listeners can't read the Asian characters so they just write the names in English before enough people vote to auto-correct. Or the computer can't read it, so it comes through the last.fm system as a bunch of scribbles before I can change it.

This makes for bad stats, and stats are the fixture of last.fm, the whole idea last.fm is based on. Pretty it up all you want with "Ooooh voting on pictures" and "Oooh best of charts", but with the essence of the site fucked, the whole site is fucked. (Otherwise I am thoroughly addicted to last.fm and think it is brilliant, have been pretty much a daily visitor for six years, it is the only constant in my life, I have been better about tagging correctly etc.)

SO, a proposal. LET ME AUTO-CORRECT ALL THE BROKEN JAPANESE ARTISTS. Let's do permanent merging like we did back in the day. PLEASE, LET ME DO SOMETHING TO HELP FIX THIS PROBLEM. I'LL DO IT FOR FREE. I'M ON THIS SITE ALL THE TIME ANYWAY, LET ME FIX IT.

tl;dr, I have the same problem as the above users.

• We're currently looking into this problem, however we have had a few problems with the auto-corrections system recently. We're hoping this should resolve next week.

• Here are more reported problems with disabled auto-correction:

http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/662513 (locked) and
    http://www.last.fm/forum/85157/_/662490 (in German)

They all seem to be related to non-ASCII characters in the artist names.

• tuvok07 sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2010, 22:06
    Yes, I only have a problem with artists with the non-ASCII characters - diacritics - in the name.

• tuvok07 sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2010, 22:22
    Another example, so if the first name was marked as correct.
    Sorry for bad English, I use a translator -

Petr Kalandra & ASPM
    Petr Kalandra

• We've discovered the cause of this, you should notice this is corrected next tuesday/wednesday... if not, please let us know!

• Bara_Megami said:
    The fact that last.fm has a terrible correction system is the one thing I absolutely despise about the site. It especially effects listeners of Asian music
    There's a problem with Cyrillic autocorrection too:

What we have (album name):Игра с огнемWhat we get in library:
    Игра с огнёмИгра С ОгнемИгра с ОгнемИгра С Огнём

• fix auto correction - its confusing

• Knapster01 said:
    We've discovered the cause of this, you should notice this is corrected next tuesday/wednesday... if not, please let us know!

Is this related to the thread I started awhile ago as well? http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/658177 Seems there's some sort of autocorrect in place even for those with it disabled like me.

• I have a different issue, but it's related to auto-correction, so I'll just post in this thread:

Recently JUNSU/JEJUNG/YUCHUN has been auto-corrected to JYJ. Now all my track plays have been moved to the JYJ tag. But looking at my library I noticed that there weren't any album tags at all. Apparently the album plays all remained on the respective album pages of JUNSU/JEJUNG/YUCHUN.

It would be great if you could look into that issue as well.

• My auto correction won't work anymore for Florence + the machine and now half of my plays for her are for http://www.last.fm/music/Florence+++The+Machine . It was fine a couple of hours ago, but now it's messed up. PLEASE FIX.

• so, how is it going with fixing the problem? some artists in my library are still not being autocorrested and those who used to be merged are still separate now

• Well, I can tell you this much: my plays of ESP are still being incorrectly "auto-corrected" to The Electric Soft Parade.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 dec 2010, 23:03
    bc_ranger said:
    so, how is it going with fixing the problem? some artists in my library are still not being autocorrested and those who used to be merged are still separate now

Same here. Some artists in my library are still messed up. Hurry with the fix, please?

• tuvok07 sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 dec 2010, 00:49
    The problem persists.

• I have noticed problems with auto-correction recently.
    I have all my files tagged correctly but the auto-corection changes them into e.g.
    "01. title" which obviously is the track number and the title.
    I have noticed that in my libary, in all the previous listnes to a given song, the title is changed to the incorretct one.
    It may be so due to big number of listeners having their tracks tagged not properly,
    but the program should recognize that, if the most frequently tagged is "01. title",
    then the tag is incorrect.

• Never Shout Never &
    nevershoutnever!

are still split in my library. please fix !

• aiwoaiwo sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 dec 2010, 15:40
    seriously, is it gonna stay this way for too long? 90% of my artists are asian so my entire library is pretty much all messed up.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 dec 2010, 18:48
    Same irrItating problem here. Many Spanish artist from my playlist are still split!

• aiwoaiwo sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 dec 2010, 06:40
    ;___;

• It sounds from what people are saying on other threads that last.fm doesn't have anyone around to fix stuff like this 'til Jan. 4. So I guess we just wait about another week, and hope it will all go back to normal then.

By the way, the same problem happens with Ethiopian musicians when their names get transliterated from the Ethiopic alphabet, because sometimes they get transliterated the English way (with all ASCII characters), and sometimes the French way (with different accents above the e's). Just recently, there's come to be different artist pages for Netsanet Mellesse and Netsanet Mèllèssè.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.