Forum » Web Site Support

53 artists but ony 7 will play

• theadey sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 sep 2010, 16:04

53 artists but ony 7 will play

There are 53 artists in this library but ony 7 will play. (using the downloaded scrobler)

Could there be something wrong with the settings for the other 46?

No tracks are banned.

I'm in the UK.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 27 sep 2010, 17:53
    There are only 26 plays on your fairly new account. I don't see a reason why the others shouldn't play. Maybe give it a chance? ;)

(is that you, headey?)

• theadey sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2010, 08:26
    'tis headey -yes Babs_05.
    This is just a little test account I set up to try to hear some artists without having to add tracks one by one.
    Yes, I will keep on with it and see what else comes up.

I think my next step is to hit the 'Ban' button when these artists play and see if the system recognises my frown...
    -1st track this morning is 'Radiohead – Reckoner' which is the same as the previous Radiohead track it played.
    -2nd track 'Mumford & Sons – (!scrobbling off-a new track but missed the title)
    -3rd track 'Bob Marley & The Wailers – Exodus' (I only had Bob Marley in the library but I can live with that)
    -4th track 'Felix Mendelssohn – Hark! The Herald Angels Sing' (same as previous)
    -5th track 'Gomez - Get Miles' (same as the previous Gomez track)Ban
    -6th 'Phoenix - Rome' (new track)
    -7th 'Bob Marley – Lively up yourself' Ban
    -8th 'Tegan and Sara – I Won't Be Left' (new track)
    -9th Phoenix - Fences (new track)
    So no new artists yet.

• What radio are you playing?

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
    • theadey sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2010, 08:50
    Jester-NL said:
    What radio are you playing?
    'My Radio Station' on the Scrobbler download.

• theadey sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2010, 08:52
    10th R'head - All I need - ban
    11th M&S - Sigh No More -new ; scrobble ; skip
    12th 'Bob Marley & The Wailers – Exodus ban
    13th 'Radiohead – Paranoid Android' ban
    14th M&S - Thistles & Weeds
    15th Phoenix - Run Run Run
    16th Bob Marley – Satisfy My Soul Ban
    17th Bob Marley – Sun Is Shining Ban
    18th Bob Marley & The Wailers – Is This Love
    Sorry there is no more content...

I'll try again later.

• VERY cool headey! Am very interested in what results you discover ;-)

• Smits61 sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2010, 13:51
    Heck, I was wondering this too.
    The FAQ section says all you have to do is "add to library" a tune. And it automatically is there for playback. (I assume)
    I've done that to about 50+, but the player only plays the same 10 or so - so far.
    Why is this? I got all kinds of Zep and Pink Floyd I was hoping to get to hear sometime today.

The only fool bigger than the one who knows it all; is the one who argues with him.
  • We're going to be looking into this soon alhough currently the people who can help are out of the office. I'll post back when I have some more details. Thanks for your patience!

FWIW i get an NEC error when playing that radio fairly early on so something is definitely amiss.

• theadey sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2010, 14:58
    Heck, I'm not fretting Knapster01 but it would be kind of nice to know. -
    I hope this sort of info helps -rather than getting anyone into trouble. (I DO think lastfm is great.)
    I bet you find that the cleaner just unplugged something so that they could use the vacuum!

• theadey sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2010, 15:03
    (I hadn't seen your 13:56 answer)
    fyi the next little session was:

19th Traditional – We Wish You a Merry Christmas(this has played before but I'd skipped it or had scrobbling off or something)
    20th Radiohead – Bodysnatchers
    21st Mumford & Sons – The Cave -ban
    22nd Phoenix – Consolation Prizes
    23rd Bob Marley – Jamming
    24th Bob Marley & The Wailers – Waiting In Vain
    25th Felix Mendelssohn – Hark! The Herald Angels Sing -Ban
    26th Tegan and Sara – I Bet It Stung -Ban
    27th Phoenix – If I Ever Feel Better
    28th Radiohead - No Surprises
    29th Mumford & Sons – After The Storm
    30th Phoenix – Long Distance Call
    31st Bob Marley – Natural mystic
    32nd Bob Marley & The Wailers – Is This Love -ban
    33rd Mumford & Sons – Little Lion Man
    34th Radiohead – Reckoner -ban
    35th Bob Marley & The Wailers – Waiting In Vain -ban
    36th Tegan and Sara – Where Does the Good Go -ban
    37th Tegan and Sara – Take Me Anywhere
    38th Bob Marley – Stir It Up -scrobble ban
    Sorry there is no more content...

http://www.last.fm/user/theadey/tracks

• theadey said:
    Heck, I'm not fretting Knapster01 but it would be kind of nice to know. -
    I hope this sort of info helps -rather than getting anyone into trouble. (I DO think lastfm is great.)
    I bet you find that the cleaner just unplugged something so that they could use the vacuum!

LOL! No, it's the plumber using the roto-rooter in the executive washroom : )

Good to hear, this will be looked into Knapster01. I always tell friends to add the individual tracks and make sure, those have the play icon beside them.

Smits61 said:
    The FAQ section says all you have to do is "add to library" a tune. And it automatically is there for playback. (I assume)
    I've done that to about 50+, but the player only plays the same 10 or so - so far.
    Why is this? I got all kinds of Zep and Pink Floyd I was hoping to get to hear sometime today.

Pink Floyd or Led Zeppilin have no music available for streaming, so this will surely hinder your playback and possibly trigger the NEC error.

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 28 sep 2010, 15:11
    Smits61 said:

you wont hear zep or floyd in your radio/library because of their copyright issues. pink floyd especially was just recently involved in quite the debate over their "internet music sales" and has recently put the kibash on anything of the sort that involves their music being played or even paid for digitally. i have over 1700+ plays for pink floyd and i still have not heard them come up in "my library radio" once since joining. as for the zep, im not sure exactly what their situation is, but its the same deal as far as i can tell...i have 600+ plays for them and have never heard them in my library radio either.

@heady - this was happening on your "non-test" profile as well? because if its only happening to this account you are using, my guess would be because you need to have some more artists/tracks in your library to generate the proper radio play - just my guess though.
    from faq:
    ...If it’s your own radio station that gives you this error (such as your Library radio, your Loved Tracks radio, a playlist or a personal tag station), you’ll need to add more tracks to it so that it won’t run out of content too quickly.

Redigerad av Skiye den 15 okt 2010, 15:50
    • theadey sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2010, 15:30
    Smits61 said:
    ... but the player only plays the same 10 or so - so far.

Looking at your library from the UK most of your tracks on
    http://www.last.fm/user/Smits61/library/recent?sortBy=date&sortOrder=desc&page=4
    and http://www.last.fm/user/Smits61/library/recent?sortBy=date&sortOrder=desc&page=7
    have a black 'play' arrow next to them but a lot of tracks on the other pages don't, meaning I wouldn't expect them to play for me here. see here I suspect 'Zep and Pink Floyd won't let lastfm have their tracks for streaming.
    Certainly the safest way to add tracks which will play again is to find someone else with similar taste and a full library which you can play.
    Ceck your neighbours radios.

• In order to listen to an artist on your library radio that has been added to your library, but whom you don't have any plays for, you need to Add that artist from the artist page. Tagging that artist will not add that artist to your library radio.

• theadey sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 sep 2010, 11:27
    Well thanks Knapster01 -
    I THOUGHT I did always add artists from the artists page - but this looks like I must have found the artist/album in "A.N.Other's" actual library and "tagged" it rather than "Adding" it. Quite possible now that I think about it.

Sorry for causing aggro / scratched heads.
    Looks like I need to retreat quietly into a corner and study the instruction manual again.

• ;)
    Me thinks you might have forced a staffer to say something rather clear about this issue...
    Since tagging an artist WILL put them in your library (with 0 plays), you aren't wrong to expect them to play... especially since "add"ed artists do play (or so I presume, after the post above)

• Jester-NL said:
    ;)
    Me thinks you might have forced a staffer to say something rather clear about this issue...
    Since tagging an artist WILL put them in your library (with 0 plays), you aren't wrong to expect them to play... especially since "add"ed artists do play (or so I presume, after the post above)
    You are absolutely right, it should be said somewhere...

*runs to the FAQ editor*

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 sep 2010, 16:21
    Knapster01 said:
    In order to listen to an artist on your library radio that has been added to your library, but whom you don't have any plays for, you need to Add that artist from the artist page. Tagging that artist will not add that artist to your library radio.
    that can't be right. is it?

why present the option to tag an artist in the popup dialog when you click the "add to my library" button then? isn't that just counter-intuitive to the average user?

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
  • Let's call this something closely related to an insect with a hard shell to protect its wings... okay ;)

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 sep 2010, 18:48
    A beetle?

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 okt 2010, 05:03
    no, a lazybug.

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
  • one thing i have done is this.....

"Love" a song.........when it plays.......then "Unlove" it........

This seems to help get some new songs played but there are still many songs that don't play.

But this seems to get more of a variety of songs to play for me.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.