Forum » Web Site Support

Wrong Song Playing

• I'm a flirt by R. Kelly

song that plays is I'm a flirt, while the title is Can't help but wait by Trey Songz

• miacid sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jan 2012, 14:36

How to flag incorrect songs

Hi,

Is anyone from Last.fm looking into this? It would be nice if there was a button to click or something to flag tracks that aren't what they're meant to be. that way someone somewhere could try and correct it.

Cheers,

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jan 2012, 20:02

Re: How to flag incorrect songs

miacid said : Is anyone from Last.fm looking into this?
    It would be nice if there was a button to click or something to flag tracks that aren't what they're meant to be. that way someone somewhere could try and correct it.
    +1 -I've seen this requested before; never seen a staff comment on it though.

& a display to show when/how many times it has been flagged...?

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    • headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jan 2012, 20:17
    Mauro Bruno Auld Land Syne*
    is playing something odd.

It is showing as on 2 albums -I don't think this is supposed to be the track on the Christmas album though!
    http://www.last.fm/music/Mauro+Bruno/_/Auld+Land+Syne/+albums

*edit Spelled 'Lang Syne' on label's site http://cambriamus.com/cds/cd_christmas.htm

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    Redigerad av headey den 28 jan 2012, 15:18
  • +1 for staff to fix this issue! I think an entire revamp of how tracks are slotted would need to be worked in.

I have literally hundreds of tracks playing alternate artist covers, for Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Grateful Dead, Led Zep and many, many, many more.

• Andrew Bird - Heretics: What is played on 30 sec preview is NOT what plays on radio

The 30 second clip that allows a preview of Heretics is definitely not what is played in my radio. What plays in the radio is clearly a live version, but is not marked as such.

• Re: Andrew Bird - Heretics: What is played on 30 sec preview is NOT what plays on radio

MonaLisaEscapes said:
    The 30 second clip that allows a preview of Heretics is definitely not what is played in my radio. What plays in the radio is clearly a live version, but is not marked as such.

Yes, this is what is happening to me as well. I have dozens like that - the 30 second samples are all studio recordings, but after a few correct version radio plays, the tracks get replaced with live versions and they stay the live versions, from then on.

This issue is getting pretty bad lately.

• Here's One:

http://www.last.fm/music/Elton+John/_/Your+Song

This should be Elton John with backing orchestra, or at least it used to be. Now it starts playing a solo piano with some other guy singing : ( If it is Elton, his voice sure is different and the accompanying arrangement is suddenly missing.

I got tons and tons of these, so I'm going to start posting them here ;-)

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jan 2012, 20:41

Re: Here's One:

CrybKeeper said: Now it starts playing a solo piano with some other guy singing : ( So,Cryb... If I called myself an artist and made a really naff cover of "Your Song" can I just go and upload it to http://www.last.fm/music/Elton+John/_/Your+Song ?

Isn't there any security on who puts stuff where?

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
  • It probably is an Elton John version of the said track, but it wasn't the version I "loved", added to my radios and tagged. It's not one of the tracks I am completely sure about. There are definitely better examples, but that song is the first one to come up for me this week.

I think, this has to do with metadata on the tracks, which can easily be confused.
    If an artist doing a live version, would simply add this appendix: (live) to their tracks metadata song title, this probably wouldn't happen. As is, the LastFM AI cannot tell the difference, I suppose(I am no programmer, so dunno).

What bothers me about this, is once a track plays incorrect choices, it never reverts back to the proper song. More and more legendary and popular songs, are getting replaced by atrocious cover tunes, or live versions of what should be studio tracks.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jan 2012, 15:59
    George GershwinNice Work If You Can Get It
    Preview is a lovely old version; UK stream is a very camp/bordering on amateur(imho) stage version. But of course the piece IS by Gershwin & there are no 'sale of goods' laws cos I'm not paying.

But, could I just upload a naff "Freddie Headey" version to the same file?

Lets assume it was a song definitely out of copyright.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    Redigerad av headey den 13 mar 2012, 15:40
  • Just now, incorrect track version!

http://www.last.fm/music/Uriah+Heep/_/Wise+Man

This song has always been a studio version. Just now, it is playing a live concert version for the very first time! Sad part is, it will now ALWAYS play the live version and never revert back to the proper CD version. I have 40 plays Scrobbled for this track and I am 100% positive on this one.

By the way, I own all of Uriah Heeps' CDs and I intentionally uploaded ONLY the studio version of this song to my PC media player.

Sorry LastFM staff, but this is getting ridiculous - Every week, I get at very least, one more song that changes to a live version of itself and then stays that way =(

• Some silly remix instead of the real thing...

Muse – Knights of Cydonia
    from Black Holes and Revelations

• Ryazix sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 feb 2012, 12:12

Not correct song...

The song Aythis - Aythis, Aythis, is not the correct song.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 feb 2012, 19:10
    6Feb 2012
    "Alleluia" from Exsultate, jubilate, k. 165 (158a)
    should be a soprano singing
    UK preview & stream is a Mozart French Horn Concerto.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
  • Harvest for the world vs. you make me feel mighty real

I have "loved" "Harvest for the world" by the Isley brothers in the past.

Now it shows that it's playing that when what it's actually playing is "you make me feel (mighty real)" by Sylvester.

Which I do not love. At all.

• dubsaru sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 jun 2012, 23:22

Koudlam – See You All (5:10)

The track being played here is incorrect. Not sure which song is actually playing but it is not See You All.

Koudlam » Goodbye » See You All

Koudlam – See You All (5:10)

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 sep 2012, 09:11
    There seems to be a more recent thread now
    www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/2066922

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.