Forum » Web Site Support

ATTENTION! this looks like a trick, and being spread all over the place.

• iradhead sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2010, 20:11

WELCOME!

If you have landed at this page you may have been redirected because you tried to open a link in a shoutbox or email. This was a phishing attempt. Someone was trying to fool you into entering your login details into a fake site, where they would've used them to spam your friends with the same link.

DO NOT ENTER YOUR LOGIN DETAILS ANYWHERE OTHER THAN https://www.last.fm/login

If someone has posted shouts as you, change your password immediately.

ALWAYS check for https://www.last.fm/login in the address bar. KEEP YOUR LOGIN DETAILS SAFE and don't click URLs from random people.

Read this FAQ for more details: How can I protect my account against phishing scams?

Redigerad av lozzd den 23 jan 2010, 00:36
  • I should have looked at this forum before; thanks for the headsup

• djjjk sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2010, 20:38

jameson-recruitment scam

I got one too… its a well known scam apparently. Beware.

• I too received that link in a shoutbox post supposedly from a friend of mine. The post read:

[removed]

Definitely a phishing attempt kids, so be careful where you're entering your information.

Redigerad av WizZzPL den 22 jan 2010, 20:41
    • nefibach sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2010, 20:38
    I just got one of these, via my Last.fm shoutbox, from a friend... except when I look the message isn't there. I did click on the link, although I realise now I shouldn't have - tiredness will do that. I wonder if it might be a phishing scam. I changed my password, just in case.

• WizZzPL sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2010, 20:41
    We're on it. Please DO NOT report things like this on forums.

• lozzd sa...
    • Alumni
    • 22 jan 2010, 20:42
    Please change your passwords. We are aggressively and automatically cleaning these up. Remember, if the login bar does not say "https://www.last.fm/login"; DO NOT give away your password.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
  • What happends if you do login?

Or in other words: what do you have to do when you do login, just change your pass?

"And in the end the love you take, is equal to the love you make"
    • WizZzPL sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2010, 23:45
    obladi-oblada said:
    What happends if you do login?
    Someone will get your login details.obladi-oblada said:
    Or in other words: what do you have to do when you do login, just change your pass?
    Yes, if you do that, change your password ASAP.

Redigerad av WizZzPL den 22 jan 2010, 23:46
  • obladi-oblada said:
    What happends if you do login?

They get your login details - username and password - and use them for spamming your friends to get more login details, and use them for spamming etc. If you change your password, the password they got is outdated and can't be used anymore.

How can I protect my account against phishing scams?

• BUGLIS sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2010, 01:36
    the link from Sony Fantasy Festival is ok?

• BUGLIS said:
    the link from Sony Fantasy Festival is ok?
    Yes.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2010, 02:20

THX!!! >;-)

• ju4nk4r sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2010, 05:50

Warning

I´m just trying to send messages to anyone to avoid them from cliclking it... this phishing is quite good and lots of people would just lose their accounts. i´m a computing engineer and i almost entered my password there, so i´ll try to warn some people.

If there is any Last.fm admin/developer around, you should check the database where you store the shoutbox messages and try to make a query or something similar to delete all messages with the phising URL all at once. If you don´t stop this fast people will just keep entering their passwords with the danger of losing their accounts. If you want to warn someone this is the msg I´m sending

"I´m a spanish computer engineer and I just want to warn you the link just published in your shoutbox(check it out) is a phishing site and if you enter your pwd there your account could be stolen. Just check it, the url is blogs.last.fm.jameson-recruitment.com, which is considered by google as a scam. If you try to enter it from chrome it´ll warn you but else... It´s easy to notice, even if you´re logged into last.fm it´ll ask you for username and password, and just type any username and password and it´ll work anyway, which means it´s programmed to record accounts and passwords to get them stolen and replicate (probably the friend that sent you that message has been stolen his/her acc). If you have already entered and you still own your account, you should create a new password. It´s the only thing that will avoid your account being stolen. Sorry for the annoyance, i just think last.fm should be clean from this shit. Greetings from a spanish computing student."

modify at will.

Good luck, and keep up the good work with this awesome page :), byee!

• ydebru sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2010, 06:21

jameson scam

yes, change your passwords.

"I confess, I do not believe in time."

- Vladimir Nabokov
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2010, 06:52
    Just changed my password.
    I clicked a link earlier not knowing exactly what it was.
    Didn't allow the page to even load, let alone enter anything though.
    Still, better to be safe than sorry.

• djjjk sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2010, 07:31

why not? shouldn't folks be warned?

WizZzPL said:
    We're on it. Please DO NOT report things like this on forums.

• Ive just had it 2 now its sending it to my friends,

crazykaz02
    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 23 jan 2010, 09:30
    crazykaz02 said:
    Ive just had it 2 now its sending it to my friends,

so change your password, asap

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • ablemike sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2010, 09:34

[name removed] user account is sending me shouts trying to phish.

He is sending people tiny urls that end up here:

[link removed]

Edit: Please do NOT post any links to these sites on the forums, you're supporting the phishers by doing this.

Redigerad av foreverautumn den 23 jan 2010, 09:39
  • Just got this link from a friend

[link removed]

Edit: Please do NOT post any links to these sites on the forums, you're supporting the phishers by doing this.

Redigerad av bengt_bangt den 23 jan 2010, 10:18
  • DominoDub said:
    Just got this link from a friend

[link removed]

Sorry that was very Stupid of me doh !

• Help!
    I couldn't change my password. It write me 'Doh, passwords don’t match. Try again'. What did I do wrong?

Edit: All is OK now. I received e-mail from frauds too.

Siamese Cats [fan]
    Advertisement, Cannes Lions [fan]
    Ikary Shinji [fan]
    Neon Genesis Evangelion [fan]
    Redigerad av Daria-Arid den 23 jan 2010, 14:21
  • Make sure the new password and the confirmation of it are spelled exactly the same (look if you accidentally enabled Caps Lock, eg)

If that still doesn't help:
    What happens if I’ve forgotten my username or password?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.