Forum » Web Site Support

LastFMProxy broken.. looks like a server-side issue

• LastFMProxy broken.. looks like a server-side issue

Starting sometime yesterday afternoon (about 20 hours ago, give or take), streaming via LastFMProxy became broken, but it doesn't look like it's an issue with that script. It's able to login, tune stations, and download playlists, but every attempt to actually stream a track results in the error "403 Invalid Token". Thinking that it might have been related to the currently active session, I restarted the script, but the problem persists... that's what makes me think it's a server-side issue.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 26 feb 2009, 17:48
    You might want to check the LastFMProxy group - there is a post that may relate to the issue, though it addresses another problem.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • GSV3MiaC sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 feb 2009, 18:12

Ditto and likewise

Seeing the same thing here - actually in all cases the first track in the stream seems to play, but you get a 403 error instead of ever getting to the second track (whether you skip, or just wait it out - same result).

Been this way for just under a day and VERY ANNOYING.

• snyde1 said:
    You might want to check the LastFMProxy group - there is a post that may relate to the issue, though it addresses another problem.

I did check, and that particular issue has nothing to do with it... that is with a portion of the scrobbler protocol that was mentioned and promised, but never implemented. This is something that has been working for months (at least) but in the last 24 hours has completely and persistently broken down.

• Cause (or at least coincidence) found... still waiting on the fix, though.

Redigerad av Maeglin73 den 27 feb 2009, 14:23
    • dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 feb 2009, 14:12
    Maeglin73 said:
    Here it is, coming up on the 2-day mark, and the problem persists. There's no response to this thread from anyone on the staff, either. One has to wonder if the Last.FM staff is even watching this forum anymore or, worse yet, left their listeners completely out in the cold.

hey, can you try and be a little more melodramatic?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • dankine said:
    hey, can you try and be a little more melodramatic?

If you can shoot for being more sarcastic, then yeah... maybe.

That post was more out of annoyance than anything else. Temporary server instability is one thing, but this is another...

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 feb 2009, 14:26
    oh i can be far more sarcastic

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 feb 2009, 14:59
    This started in the morning of the 24th and effects all 3rd party players as far as I can tell. I have SpeakOn, AWAS (Active Winamp Audio Scrobbler) and LastFm Proxy. They're all effected in much the same way. If you play the first and only track with one of them, NONE of them will play any more tracks until you restart your computer. Once restarted, you can play one and only one track with one of the 3rd party players on your system. If you try switching players it doesn't help. You get one track and one track only per boot session for the whole shooting match. With SpeakOn it's a 500 internal server error. With AWAS it's a URL that contains the words Access Denied, with last.fm Proxy it's a URL that contains OK. All programs fetch a playlist, but none can play more than one track per boot session. The flash player, and, apparently the last.fm official player remain unaffected.

• lozzd sa...
    • Alumni
    • 27 feb 2009, 15:57
    We are aware of this issue but unfortunately this is a legacy system so falls under much lower priority than the live streaming system, as it only affects a very small percentage of users. We are trying to get this fixed, but FYI it is scheduled for depreciation within the next few months.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
    • kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 feb 2009, 17:23
    Thanks for your quick response lozzd. Are we to understand that this goes for all 3rd party players? I realize that the LastFm Proxy is using a 3-year-old system, but the others I'm aware of seem to be using newer systems. Remember that this affects all 3rd party players, not just the one under discussion here.

• lozzd sa...
    • Alumni
    • 27 feb 2009, 19:05
    This should actually be mostly fixed now.

It only affects "all" 3rd party players that use this particular legacy streamers. Not all 3rd party clients do.

Insert disclaimer here.
    • ejonesss sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 feb 2009, 21:04
    lozzd thanks for fixing the problem now i can use my lastfm proxy from vidar.gimp.org/lastfmproxy/ once again

• kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 feb 2009, 21:10
    Yep, all 3 of my players are working fine now, you rock!

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 27 feb 2009, 21:43
    lozzd said:
    We are aware of this issue but unfortunately this is a legacy system [...] FYI it is scheduled for depreciation within the next few months.
    What is the alternative system that will replace/is replacing the legacy one?

If I were a developer of one of these apps, I'd appreciate knowing what I'd need to do to ensure that it doesn't stop again.

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • bitospud sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 feb 2009, 00:34

If it will stop working in the future...

If this will again stop working at some point in the future, could Last.fm consider making the various streams available in a standard streaming format so that LastFmProxy is no longer needed anyway?

I use LastFmProxy running on my home server PC to allow me to listen to my library radio station on my wi-fi radio set in my bedroom which can stream the usual formats (MP3 streams, Real audio, Windows media), but when LastFmProxy stopped working I couldn't listen up there at all. Wouldn't want to get stuck like that again if it could be avoided!

Thanks,
    Paul

• lozzd sa...
    • Alumni
    • 24 mar 2009, 18:01
    To any developers, we have some news regarding the way you should stream radio in the future. E.g., we've finally given you a way to do it :)

Read more here:
    http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Services/forum/21604/_/517212

Insert disclaimer here.
    • gabhoch sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 mar 2009, 18:58

Site appearance in Firefox

Hi, I'm sorry but after a long time browsing i couldn't find any topics about this: from the last few weeks, i having problems browsing last.fm in Firefox. Always need to change IE if i want to check overall charts. Further more the widgets doesn't working (for example the radio) and i always got the "sorry there is not enough media to play" message (it happens only if i want to embed personalised radio into my blog). Please do some work to allow me use all of the features in Firefox but not only in IE.
    Cheers

• @gabhoch: There are more threads about FF-issues. This one is about (radio) streams
    I suggest you turn off you no-script, adblock and check your javascript and flash-settings. If that does NOT fix it, search these forums some more and post in a thread about browserproblems, not stream-issues

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 24 mar 2009, 20:40
    lozzd said:
    To any developers, we have some news regarding the way you should stream radio in the future. E.g., we've finally given you a way to do it :)
    and Russ said:
    we'll be shutting down the remainder of the old, undocumented streaming APIs over the next couple of weeks.
    So to return to the point of the thread, the third party radios will be subscriber only shortly, unless they are hosted in the UK / US / Deutschland. Or they may close entirely, if the developers choose to not follow the new API.

This would also mean that I'll need to download a new Last.fm client, right?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.