Forum » Web Site Support

Cannot Get My or any station to play anymore

• Cannot Get My or any station to play anymore

Hopefully someone can give some needed help. As of two days ago I have not been able to get my station to play anymore. I have spent five hours trying to get this working again, but no luck. I have read FAQ's along with Known Issues. When I click Play My Library It simply displays normal page with blank white space and the play arrow button...yet nothing happens. I Can go to Community leave shouts etc. When I click my name in the upper right (in the red section) the down arrow will only display my profile page & take me nowhere else. NO options for Home, Profile, Friends, Recommened,Library, Events, Settings. It just appears to be locked up for some reason unknown to me. I have a paid subscription & have had no issues before two days back. After trying everything for five hours with no luck I'm reaching out for help, because I must be missing a simple fix. Idon't know anything else to do except "Reach Out" to You. Thank's very much.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 09:30
    Just a suggestion, but I'm sure you've already done this
    What can I do if the music player on the site doesn’t work at all for me?

Alternatively you could try downloading the desktop client
    and play your library via that. :-)
    http://www.last.fm/download

• pauldove sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 11:09

Same thing for me.

After the last track I scrobbled - 3:41 pm gmt yesterday - all I get is my profile page, no radios will play on the web-site. And, like groovygary, the down arrow doesn't display the drop down list it just takes me straight to my profile page.

I'm at work on IE7, I'll try again tonight from home to see if it works with another browser.

• Still no working player

Yes to the above suggestions. I even changed my security settings in Internet Explorer 7 from "Medium High" to "Medium", added "last.fm" to my list of trusted sites, ran Norton and Malware scans repeatedly, rebooted in "Safe mode" then back to normal boot. My last track played mid-day on Wednesday, May 30. Shouts have come in normally, but that's about it. I do not play music from my computer or iTunes (or an MP3 player), so downloading the desktop client would do no good. I play my chosen music in my own library on last.fm only. It's frustrating to be a paid subscriber with no ability to hear music, my library or anyone else's library. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

• Kiki1584 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 17:27

What happened to my music?

HELP! I can't get my stations to play anything either.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 17:56
    Have you tried using another browser e.g. Firefox or Chrome? :-)

• Same problem here!!! Need HELP!!

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 18:47
    oops
    And now lastfm staff might be off for the UK's extra-long holiday weekend and not back till Wednesday :(

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • I found the fix!

I was stubbornly keeping Internet Explorer 7, and reluctantly installed IE 8 as a last resort. Guess what? My player and all last.fm features have returned. I just don't know if I will encounter other issues with other software, but for now, that is what you have to have to get your player to work if you stick with IE. Good luck all!

• pauldove sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 22:31

Works from home on IE 9

Sounds like it's IE 7 that causing the problem. At work I have to use IE 7 because it's the standard for our intranet, but at home my last.fm radios work perfectly on IE 9.

I've been using last.fm on IE 7 for years, so for it to suddenly stop yesterday they must have changed something on the last.fm. It would help if someone from their support could look into putting back whatever was changed, or come up with a workaround that would allow those of us who are stuck on IE 7 at work to continue to listen.

• One problem solved, 2 new ones result from IE8 upgrade - friendship request not working

I was having a severe issue with the last.fm player not working for the past 2 days, and discovered others were also having the same issue. After many hours and attempts, the solution to that problem was upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 (from 7). I can now play my library, but 2 new issues developed as a result. When I go to a new user's profile page, click on the "Friendship requested" blue link, nothing happens. No confirmation of request, no change to the status under the photo saying that friendship has been requested. Also, when adding a new song from the drop down box, "Add to my library" gets no result, no confirmation. But you can "Love it" and then it both loves it and adds it to your library. OK I guess, but not the way it used to be. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance if you can help me. Also, it might be interesting if you requested my friendship to see if I am able to accept yours. Just a thought. Thanks, GroovyGary

• pauldove sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2012, 18:01

Some of us can't upgrade to IE7 on work PCs

I understand that the solution is to upgrade to IE8 or IE9, or any non-IE browser, but at work I have to run IE7 because it's the only browser certified for our Intranet and internal web applications. Checking some statistics for browser usage there are still a lot of people on IE7; for IE usage it's about one seventh IE7, a third IE9 and most of the rest (about half of the IE users) IE8. And yes I know that these numbers are negligible compared to the numbers of people using Firefox and Chrome, but worldwide that's still a lot of people on IE7 who now cannot play music on last.fm.

• I agree with pauldove.

I cannot upgrade either. This isn't fair to those users. IE7 is perfectly stable, and besides Microsoft's push to new browsers and more features some users don't care about..... this is stupid to cut out users like that.

• pauldove sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2012, 09:35

Last.fm working on IE7 today

I'm able to listen to music again on IE7. My thanks to whoever fixed this, whether it was because we raised the issue on this forum or if it was something that just got fixed anyway.

• Last.fm not working properly for me....

unless I disable ad-block plus for this site. It used to work just fine with ad-block plus in place, and now it doesn't. Can anyone help me out cause I hate hearing the ads now.
    and last.fm is a bit better than pandora.

Browser I'm using: Firefox 13.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.