Forum » Web Site Support

Every song lasts for 15 seconds and then another one loads

• amoszcz sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 maj 2012, 20:40

Every song lasts for 15 seconds and then another one loads

I don't know what is happpening. I can't listen to the music, since every song lasts only few moments and then moves to another song. What is going on?

Help greatly appreciated

thank you very much

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 29 maj 2012, 22:46
    Do you use the web player or the client? You could try updating the Flash player, or try listening via the new (beta) desktop client.

If you are still having problems please let us know your browser/operating system.

• amoszcz sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 maj 2012, 18:33
    Yesterday it happened to me when I was using web player. Today the same situation happened while using desktop client. When i switched to web player it was ok for two songs and then i had following error:

The instruction 0x533a1f7a referenced memory at 0x03ca4c5d. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program Click CANCEL to debug the program

I am using normally chrome, but yesterday was using opera - latest version. Flash player should be most recent since I have automatic update enabled. My operating system is Windows 7 proffesional 64 bit. My computer spec is Pentium intel core i3-2100 CPU 3.1 GHz, 4GB RAM. My internet connection is 4MBit/sec, still i had no problem streaming youtube at 720 resolution.

• amoszcz sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 maj 2012, 18:40
    Maybe it is connection problem after all? I see that some people have gif avatars almost 1MB large when the song switches browser has to fetch all of this images, which might be hard for my bandwidth espacially when the song has many comments?!

• amoszcz sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 maj 2012, 18:03
    Now today i cant listen to the music on both web and desktop client, 15 seconds and it jumps to the next song :(((

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 19:11
    I'm not a techie but, for what it's worth,
    on the old scrobbler http://www.last.fm/download
    you can opt not to have images :
    Tools > Options > Connection > Download artist images & info

& change the buffer size : Tools > Options > Radio

btw -when my scrobbler (very occasionally) skips a track by itself it usually coincides with me doing something in another programme like printing a report/document or closing something.

edit
    & see http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/2051470/_/18145700

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    • amoszcz sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jun 2012, 18:23
    Thanks I have finally realized the same thing which is mentioned in the post you pasted link to. Im listening the radio at both my work and at home, sometimes im not logging out from one computer and that was the problem in my case. When i was coming back home I could not listen to the music since I was still logged in at work :).

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.