Forum » Web Site Support

Little issue with split / compilation albums

• hunTer27 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2012, 04:19

Little issue with split / compilation albums

Here what's this all about:
    I listen to split album "March to the Black Holocaust" by Vlad Tepes / Belketre, and tracks (from this album) of both this bands were scrobbled to this last.fm album page March to the Black Holocaust. Since April it scrobbles these tracks to separate albums - March To The Black Holocaust for Belketre tracks, and March to the Black Holocaust for Vlad Tepes tracks. Is this a bug or what?
    The same thing happens to other compilation / split albums, that were scrobbled as "Various Artists" albums.

p.s. I hope someone will understand what I wrote here, lol. =)

Black metal ist krieg! \,,,/
    Check out BM band from Russia - Terror Infinitum. Stay brutal \m/
  • Adding Various Artist under the Album Artist tag on your music files should help fix this. We can't retroactively fix your scrobbles until we can do album corrections however.

• hunTer27 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2012, 15:08
    Knapster01 said:
    Adding Various Artist under the Album Artist tag on your music files should help fix this. We can't retroactively fix your scrobbles until we can do album corrections however.

If I do this, scrobbled plays will be counted as Various Artists tracks, and not as Belketre / Vlad Tepes.

• Not if the Artist tag is the artist, and the Album Artist is Various Artists.

• hunTer27 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2012, 15:22
    I'll try to explain again.
    Look here. At 26th of April the track was scrobbled to March to the Black Holocaust album (listed as album by Various Artists), and at 30th of April the same track was scrobbled to March To The Black Holocaust album (listed as album by Belketre). In both cases plays were added to Belketre artist, but to different albums. The tags in mp3 files were: Artist = Belketre; Track = Guilty; Album = March to the Black Holocaust, and I haven't changed them.

• hunTer27 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2012, 15:28
    Knapster01 said:
    Not if the Artist tag is the artist, and the Album Artist is Various Artists.

I listened to Wladimir's March just now with Album Artist tag as Various Artists, and no effect. It scrobbles as March to the Black Holocaust (Vlad Tepes), and not as March to the Black Holocaust (Various Artists).

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.