Forum » Web Site Support

Duplicate Band Name

• Duplicate Band Name

Hello,
    I recently uploaded our album: Cold Fusion by Frozen Fingers. But I suppose there was already a Band named Frozen Fingers, because in our artist page there is an unknown album and a similar artist which in fact makes other music.
    What can i do? Is there a way of getting in contact with the administrator of the unknown album?
    Thank you very much,
    cheers
    Christoph

Frozen Fingers

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 maj 2012, 23:06
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • Who posted?

Hi dankine,
    thank you for the link. Is there a way of finding out who posted the other album?

Album de Frozen Fingers

because it seems abandoned, no activity, no news,...and the one who is listening is a friend of mine. He surely thought this is our band.

Thank you very much,
    cheers
    Christoph

• Frozen Fingers Band

Hi guys,
    sorry for bother you again. I have worked around the problem, registering our band as Frozen Fingers Band. But we don't appear on search: "Your search “Frozen Fingers Band” did not match anything on Last.fm". As the page exists:
    Frozen Fingers Band
    Any ideas on what is wrong? Or what I have to do for let us appear in the search?
    Thank you very much!
    cheers
    Christoph

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 maj 2012, 13:51
    don't call yourself a different name :/

but no, I don't know of a way to contact the other band.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • Adding a different band name isn't the way to go.

Scrobbles from people listening to your band will still go to the shared artist page. We are working toward a way to disambiguate artists sharing the same name and provide each artist with their own page, however it's a large project and not as simple as it may seem.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.