Foolish auto-correction (again)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 maj 2012, 13:19

Foolish auto-correction (again)

Kaamos I
    Kaamos II
    Kaamos III

Makes me wonder why people insist listening to completely different tracks under the same names. Please remove these corrections, thanks.

• According to musicbrainz all of these songs seem to be called just "Kaamos"...

• Användare
    • 20 maj 2012, 14:12
    You wouldn't listen to 17 untitled tracks as "untitled", "untilted", "untitled"...... "untitled" by the same artist, would you? Oh wait, I know that some do so indeed.

I want distinction for different tracks. Since you can't differentiate tracks with a same name from each other at last.fm, you have to use for example different track names. On media player, you could see that the tracks have different lengths or other traits that would make them "different". On last.fm, all of these tracks would appear the same as the site won't sort them out anyway. Thus the easiest way to be able to tell them apart at least some way would be what I did for this instance, adding numbers after them.

If someone really wants to listen to this track under the same name all the times, even if they only like the first or third track, they can just name the track "as it is". Most would probably do so without a second thought, anyway. But if I or some of the others want to have any distinction (because the tracks are clearly musically different), we would either need to use different track names for this instance or turn off the whole auto-correction system, as it's (still) not possible to individually ignore correction for just certain tracks. Turning off the auto-correction due to three or so tracks would be quite unfortunate, thus I'm certain the lesser evil is to just remove the correction for these tracks.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 maj 2012, 14:23
    ie you're making a distinction in a place where there isn't one.
    and then expecting people to agree with it.

• Användare
    • 20 maj 2012, 15:05
    ^ You really can't see my reasoning at all, eh?

I just checked and saw that the album track Kaamos has been uploaded here in three different tracks/parts by the label... and then all of those tracks are "corrected" only to the first track. In that case, If you'd be listening to last.fm radio you'd probably never even hear the "full" track here, only the first part. I don't see why it would be right in your opinion to not have any distinction in such case then, really.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 maj 2012, 15:06
    I can see your reasoning, I disagree with it entirely. Because it is wrong.

Redigerad av dankine den 20 maj 2012, 15:08
  • [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Ziomek2000 den 20 maj 2012, 15:12
  • The easiest solution to this is to give the different tracks different file names on your own computer where they can conveniently be seen by you but leave the metadata that gets scrobbled and is visible to everyone as it should be. (I do this to keep same name artists separate for my own convenience while still scrobbling them correctly).

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.