Forum » Web Site Support

Scrobbling compilations as separate individual albums by the artist that did the…

• Scrobbling compilations as separate individual albums by the artist that did the particular song scrobbled off it.

Lately, there's been a big problem that's bugging me. Songs I play from compilation albums (eg Various Artists) are being scrobbled as separate individual albums by the artist who did the song, and it hasn't been doing that with these in the past. For example, when I play The Edgar Winter Group's "Frankenstein" off the Encino Man soundtrack, it's not scrobbling it as a Various Artists compilation like it did in the past, and is instead scrobbling it as a separate album by the Edgar Winter Group. What's up with this?

• The fix for this is to make sure the Album Artist field in your ID3 tags is set to Various Artists. We recently updated the rules to remove a bug where the album artist was guessed, incorrectly alot of the time. We now will respect what your tags say.

• Hmm? What do you mean? What ID3 tag do I edit? I'm using iTunes to scrobble.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 maj 2012, 17:55
    but the song isn't by various artists. the album may be, the song isn't.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • Love-0 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2012, 09:00
    dankine said:
    but the song isn't by various artists. the album may be, the song isn't.

As Knapster01 suggested, the Album Artist field should be set to Various Artists.

• this mean that all the VA Compilations previously released go to hell, because they won't scrobble to Various Artists pages, but to the individual artist pages. Sad.
    I think it was allright as it was before.

• If the album is a compilation, why would you put the album artist as the artist and not various artists? :)

We did this change to stop the fall back to what we think should be the album artist, and not what is stated in the ID3 tag. This ensures that if your tags are correct, the albums will appear correctly in your library. To make sure your tags are correct try using tagging software such as Musicbrainz Picard.

• bc_ranger said:
    this mean that all the VA Compilations previously released go to hell, because they won't scrobble to Various Artists pages, but to the individual artist pages. Sad.
    I think it was allright as it was before.

Yeah same here

And I changed the album artist to Various Artists, and it's still scrobbling it as a separate album by the artist that did the song!

• Love-0 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 maj 2012, 12:33

Re: Scrobbling compilations as separate individual albums by the artist that did the particular song scrobbled off it.

OldSchoolKing said:
    ... Songs I play from compilation albums (eg Various Artists) are being scrobbled as separate individual albums by the artist who did the song ...

I have the opposite problem, that songs I play from individual albums in some cases are scrobbled to compilation albums even though I have made sure I use the correct MusicBrainz IDs. I have to remove the MusicBrainz track ID from some of my tracks to make them scrobble to the correct album.

• @oldschoolking: Can you give us a URL to the album in your library please?

@Love-0: Can you also send us a link to the track/album in your library?

• Love-0 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 maj 2012, 23:22
    Knapster01 said:
    @Love-0: Can you also send us a link to the track/album in your library?

Yes, I will send you a PM as this was not the original topic of the thread. Thank you for looking into this.

• Hello!

I have the same problem as topicstarter. Though I have my Album Artist tag set to "Various Artists" and Artist tag set to different artists, still they are scrobbled as separate one-track albums by corresponding artist.

I don't know whether it matters, but I use foo_audioscrobbler plugin for foobar2000 instead of Last.fm Scrobbler.

• One of the many Various Artists albums that isn't scrobbling and is just being scrobbled as a separate album by the artist:

http://www.last.fm/music/Various+Artists/Encino+Man

• 13 days later, and this problem STILL hasn't been fixed.

• Yep, the same with me. No change from what's been.

The paradox is that track info page shows that the track is from the Various Artists' album, for example It Takes a Lot to Laugh.
    However, in my library it (is scrobbled, probably) shows up as a track from an album with correct title, but wrong artist (here, Taj Mahal instead of Various Artists)...
    http://www.lastfm.ru/user/smirnov_d_a/library/music/Taj+Mahal

• I have the same problem; all of my scrobbles for Eurovision Song Contest - Baku 2012 end up as scrobbles from individual albums for each artist. I use Songbird and its lastfm extension, and all of the files have Various Artists as the album artist.

• I have the same problem. For instance with 'Treme: Music From The HBO Original Series - Season 2'.. I've corrected the artist names as how Last FM corrected and also 'Album Artist' is set to 'Various Artists

• I'd love a fix for this as well - it makes it difficult to keep track of compilations when each artist scrobbles as an individual album. Would be a nice touch if by artist and track, it's per artist, but any time I were to view as by album, it would group them together.

• I'm still having the problem for this album. All the artist names are correct. Album artist is set as 'Various Artists'... Could you please help?

http://www.last.fm/music/Various+Artists/Treme:+Music+From+The+HBO+Original+Series+-+Season+2

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.