Forum » Web Site Support

Deleting Library and effect on Tags

• Deleting Library and effect on Tags

If I clean and clear out my library, will it have any effect when I play a personal tag radio?

• There a two options, one to Reset your listening data, and one two delete your tagging data here.

• By deleting all songs from my account, those with zero plays, when I play that tag radio station, will they be lost or so long as the tag remains will I still stand a chance at hearing the track?

Deleting all songs from my account is so permanent, I want to make sure it is going to accomplish what I am trying to do.

I have been tagging many other peoples tag stations. I want to get rid of all of the artist in my library and start fresh.

What does deleting the windows user data file for LFM do in comparison?

Thank you Knapster, you are always a huge help.
    Mucho Gracious!

• I'm going to double check this first, however resetting your listening history should not nuke your tags as well, you'll need to do that separately.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 mar 2012, 17:33
    LeJazzy0213 said:
    I want to get rid of all of the artists in my library and start fresh.
    Getting rid of the artist would presumably get rid of any tags you'd put on any of their tracks.

On the actual track page they might appear to stay for a month or two (or so) but they'd eventually drop off.
    As I understand it any globalised tag they were critical for would then cease to be global.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • Ummmmmmmmmmmm Nine goot!

• As I play tracks from my tags wouldn't that bring them back to my library?

• My issue with my library, is mostly in that to play My Library Radio, Lawd knows what I am going to be listening to after tagging for so many others. It also makes it difficult to know which artist I really like and which need to be removed so as I don't have to listen to them. I have created another user name for which Is going to be used solely for tagging other peoples tags.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2012, 09:08
    OK, so could you
    -use mass tagger from that new account to duplicate all the tags*
    -delete everything from LeJazzy0213
    -listen to just the tag radios you want

*if it is too laborious just do the tags you'll listen to yourself -it was only a favour you were doing on the others.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
  • Interesting. I cleared out my listening data. It left several artist with zero plays. Mostly from artist not from my plays or tags. I am using the client to play my tags and build my library back up. I had about 300 pages of "0" plays. Several of which were songs I wanted to hear. To busy to go through and tag them with my jazzywantsmoreplays tag. If I notice any strange occurrences, I will update. Thank You Headey. I like your tagging idea for bringing tracks back to my library. I think I will try it and see what happens. Wow... zero plays. :)

• Knapster... How do I get 350+ artist pages out of my library. Down from 500, a good start. Is it just a matter of waiting 24 hours? I really want a clean fresh start Library... If possible.

• I would really like to Nuke them. :-)

• When I go to Library, recently added, it is still showing 1,068 pages.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2012, 14:09
    Now that you have zeroed the plays I think the only thing keeping the tracks in your library is the tag on them or the 'love'.
    http://www.last.fm/user/LeJazzy0213/library/recent?sortBy=date&sortOrder=desc&page=1066

If you remove the tag or 'love' you'll lose the track for ever.
    So, if you think of doing that, make sure you tag them from that other account first.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
  • I take that back. I think to nuke my library means nuking playlist, tags, loved etc.... Any associations keep the artist in your library... the best assumption I can make.

headey said... 13 Mar 2012, 06:09 Now that you have zeroed the plays I think the only thing keeping the tracks in your library is the tag on them or the 'love'.

But I have so much love for my tracks and tags. lol If is is the love that keeps them, then let them be. :-)

• Before I proceed, I just want to make sure.... Click here to erase all tag data from your profile
    all tag data also includes playlist, loved tracks, banned tracks, etc.. but it will not erase my current rebuild/data of my library.
    Once all of my tagging has been nuked, I should be able to go to my other profile name, and re-tag just my tags, with my current profile, and the tagging data for those tracks will adhere to my current profile.
    I will still lose playlist, loved tracks list etc..

Thank You!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.