Forum » Web Site Support

How does the "EVENTS" work? Recommendations.

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jan 2012, 21:51

How does the "EVENTS" work? Recommendations.

How does the event system work?

Because I don't understand it at all.

To give an example: I'm a fan of the band The Computers. I saw them a few days ago and loved the concert. So I went to their site to see if they have another gig soon. Yes they did. So then I check lastfm but it is not recommended for me although I have listened to the band alot of times? (Both events were created on lastfm)

So why was the second date not in my Events menu?

I have artists in the Events menu that I do not like at all or never listened to. So why is that?

• You're location settings will only show you recommended events around where you've set, also we won't recommend past events to you.

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jan 2012, 17:02
    I have my events set to "Belgium", so in the whole country. And the other event was a few days later than the first one so it wasn't a past event.

• We're you attending or interested in the missing event? If so, we won't recommend it to you. :)

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jan 2012, 19:27
    That makes no sense.

• neasan sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2012, 10:07
    I agree with witter56 I keep getting poor recommendations (i.e. stuff that my scrobbling or past events could not in anyway suggest I'm interested in) but it misses out events by artists that I listen to and have seen live before.

These "missing" events are events that I have NOT indicated I am interested in or attending, nor are they in the past. I would not expect those events to appear in the recommended list.

How do recommendations work and is there a way of seeing why an event has been recommended to me? And can I then tell last.fm that that is not enough to suggest an event?

I also asked this before:
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/2028028#f17570441

• I can see some context for events would help, i'll suggest that to the product team.

@witter56: If you have marked yourself as attending or interested in an event on Last.fm, it won't show up in your recommendations as you've already shown interest. I can see in your recent activity one of the events you were attending:

witter56 went to The Computers at Botanique. last week

We won't recommend that event to you as you were marked as attending.

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2012, 15:45
    I know Knapter01. That's not the problem. The problem is that another gig (in the same week) of The Computers was not showing up in my recommended events. If I hadn't checked the band's website, I wouldn't have known that they played another gig in the same week.

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jan 2012, 20:13
    Why is this event: http://www.last.fm/event/3142314+Angels+-+Airwaves+at+Ancienne+Belgique+on+6+April+2012 not recommended for me?
    I have almost 100 scrobbles from this artist and it is not recommended...

Something is wrong.

• Still re: last,fm events, not really related to the op's problem, but I wish there was a way to keep the events list on the user's profile private,or set to make it viewable to friends only. No way? Yes way?

• @witter56: Did you mark yourself as attending or interested then remove your interest/attendance? If you do this we won't recommend the event either. Actually it's just reappeared in my recommended events. I'll try and find out what's going on, you're getting recs for other events at the venue so there shouldn't be a problem.

@messymess: Thanks for the feedback, you can't currently make this private, but it's a valid suggestion.

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jan 2012, 16:28
    Knapster: No, I have not marked myself as attending or interested.

And the "private attender" that has been suggested is indeed handy.

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jan 2012, 19:16
    This gets suggested: http://www.last.fm/event/3098128+Randy+Newman+at+Ancienne+Belgique+on+25+February+2012
    Randy Newman, and I only have 1 scrobble of him...

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 feb 2012, 19:34
    bump

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 feb 2012, 18:49
    Can you make the option to click "not interested" so the event dissapears from your recommended events list?

• witter56 said:
    Can you make the option to click "not interested" so the event dissapears from your recommended events list?

Check latest update. You can dismiss some events here http://www.last.fm/events.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    • witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 feb 2012, 20:30
    thanks FRIEND

• sparql sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 feb 2012, 23:58

Needs to be fixed

Back before they moved EVENTS from the profile-box, event recommendations used to be awesome.

Now, they are nearly useless. There is are artists that I literally have hundreds of plays from and it isn't telling me about their events. It's made it to the point where I'm probably going to quit last.fm and scrobbling because that was the best part of this site.

I'm thinking I'll go back to using pollstar or something, which is more manual in nature but at least it's reliable.

I don't know what the last.fm team changed, but they should either change it back or start again from scratch because the current system blows.

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2012, 16:06
    Yes.

• {Deleted}

• I think this issue goes with the change of events page. Before, whenever a new concert might interest me, I knew it. Now, I must have other sources to know when my favourite bands play near my town. Unfortunately, it's not enough and that was why Last.fm was a brilliant idea, because it gives us recommendations of gigs that might interest us and not only will interest us.

I'll give to the staff a clear example. Last year, Apocalyptica plays in Brest, France. I knew it instantly through Last.fm. This year, Scorpions and the Cranberries plays in the same city. I knew for the first one as I was surfing on the web, the second one through Songkick.

And it's very weird because when I'm looking for gigs in bigger cities like Rennes, Lyon or Paris, I've not really this issue. I supposed that it was because events were not added in Last.fm base. So I decided to add them myself, but nothing has changed, I have only one recommendation for a festival that clearly isn't linked to my music tastes...

So if you can do anything to fix this issue, please, do it :)

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 maj 2012, 19:43
    I discovered the band "Of Mice & Men", listened to them 100+ times in 7 days. I didn't see their concert in the recommended list... (it's next week)
    No, instead I get recommended concerts of artists I have never heard before...

• i am a longtime user of sonicliving (using my last.fm artists), but have recently stopped getting event notification emails from them for some reason. (they have terrible customer service and have not returned my messages asking about this problem.)

i would love for last.fm to send event emails on a weekly and an "ASAP" basis, so that i am notified when concerts are announced and when they go on sale. the calendar integration you have is handy, but doesn't help me when the show sold out two months ago.

in the meantime, i'm thinking of trying songkick. is there an easy way to sync it with last.fm?

~she's playing footsie in another dimension~
    • witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jun 2012, 09:28
    This event is NOT showing up on my recommendations.
    http://www.last.fm/event/3302988+Asking+Alexandria+at+Ancienne+Belgique+on+21+January+2013

Yet I have almost 50 scrobbles...

• Why do I have to set my location for events like every week?
    I always set the city, but then it changes to Germany.
    It's a little annoying...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.