Forum » Web Site Support

Some glitch on the new features

• Some glitch on the new features

First of all, I love the new feature of being able to compare your scrobbles with your friends' scrobbles of individual bands with a single click. I am very happy that this feature is finally available. (I don't know if this is recently new because a friend just notified me about it just a few minutes ago).

So back to my reason of making the thread, the scrobbles on the charts that compare your scrobbles appear to be more or less than the actual scrobbles for you and your friends for that particular band. I am just wondering if this will be fixed soon. Also, it's always safe to let the staff know about this glitch so that it's known instead of keeping it on the down-low. It'd be nice to get this fixed ASAP. Thanks guys.

• Could you give a specific example where the numbers aren't correct?

• Shorty5 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jan 2012, 10:13
    I'm having the same problem actually! I went to look at Natalia Kills' plays and it says I've played her 903 times, but my profile says 1,072. Same for Adam Lambert, the friends' page says 993 but I've played him 1,513 times?

BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD <3
  • Thanks for flagging this issue, we're looking into it.

• The same thing is happening to me. All artists I checked were showing a wrong playcount in the friends' page - some of them decreased, while others increased:

Tears for Fears -> 11,519 (library) x 9,212 (friends' page)
    Madonna -> 8,432 x 8,769
    The Beatles -> 4,401 x 5,009
    Pet Shop Boys -> 4,054 x 3,638
    Duran Duran -> 3,885 x 3,441

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jan 2012, 15:19
    I think from what I have seen in general the amount of plays
    showing on "Who listens most" does not coincide with the
    actual amount on the artist page and in personal libraries
    for example I have 1,845 plays of Deep Purple according
    to my libary and on the band page but in "Who listens most"
    it shows 1,704. Can't be assed to go through every artist I
    have as it will be the same less plays or scrobbles accounted
    for in "who listens most".

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 13 jan 2012, 13:43
    • Shorty5 sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 00:43
    Whoa, the plays on the friends' page has gone down even more, Natalia Kills is on 703 plays now! Is this part of you guys fixing it? O_O

BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD <3
    • Användare
    • 16 jan 2012, 07:43
    In a nutshell this new feature should be called "who lessens most"

• Användare
    • 20 jan 2012, 12:08
    Yes, strange problem. Most numbers are wrong..

And, it gives me a playcount for artists I've deleted from my library as well...

• I'm deducing from the facts that the inaccurate scrobble counts are due to a time stamp. What I mean is that the scrobble count shown in there is based on an earlier date instead of the current date. And then after a week or even maybe a month, it updates.

• I've recently wiped my profile and when I go to that page
    it still shows the number of plays I had it before doing that.

• Användare
    • 30 jan 2012, 03:30
    Just curious, but is the "Who listens most" going to be fixed?

• I hope it does.

A friend of mine today told me that Last.fm shows I have over 8000 for Nightwish when you look at the "People who listen to Nightwish" area of the page.

Picture (Kinda Big).

Now if you look on my profile how many plays I have for Nightwish you will notice I actually have less than 800.

Actually, before I reset my plays, I had around 7900 plays for Nightwish, so it looks like this feature doesn't know I have reset my plays before.

• Användare
    • 28 feb 2012, 20:22
    Now it is getting more bizarre. I was showing 1704 plays for Deep Purple although at the time as I stated in a previous post I in fact had 1845 plays. Now my true play count is now 1956..., but in the list under Who listens most it says 81.

• Sculpy sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 feb 2012, 01:15
    I noticed that every artist page shows less plays than one actually has. Not by much though, and it's not very bothersome. After all, everyone else will have their plays from a similar timestamp to you, right?

In any case, i've noticed this feature isn't on the artist pages anymore.

Shame, I liked idle comparing. =)

"Stoop and you'll be stepped on. Stand tall and you'll be shot at."
  • As the post above me stated, the section doesn't even show up anymore. If I go to the "friends listening now" section, then go to the "who listens most" tab, it also does not give me results that way. This is a really cool feature and I'd just like to know if it's still being fixed or abandoned entirely.

• I liked it. I hope it makes a comeback.

• We hadn't removed the feature, but there was a problem with the service behind it. It's working again now, so you're "Friends that listen" should be back :)

• Användare
    • 29 feb 2012, 12:07
    I would still like to know why I have dropped from 1704 (true count 1964) plays in FWLT for DP to 81 and why the play count is a lot lower in Friends who listen to
    and does not match the actual amount shown on artists pages? Also why has the discrepancy not being addressed and fixed?

• foreverautumn said:
    We hadn't removed the feature, but there was a problem with the service behind it. It's working again now, so you're "Friends that listen" should be back :)

Ah, yup, it's working again. Thanks!

• Användare
    • 2 mar 2012, 19:04
    NightVermillion said:
    I hope it does.

A friend of mine today told me that Last.fm shows I have over 8000 for Nightwish when you look at the "People who listen to Nightwish" area of the page.

Picture (Kinda Big).

Now if you look on my profile how many plays I have for Nightwish you will notice I actually have less than 800.

Actually, before I reset my plays, I had around 7900 plays for Nightwish, so it looks like this feature doesn't know I have reset my plays before.

the same here

• Bump to see if anything has progressed. Mine are still inaccurate

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.