Forum » Web Site Support

ANNOUNCEMENT: Library missing 13/10/2011

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Library missing 13/10/2011

Nothing has been lost, we're re-sharding our database which has affected a quarter of our userbase. It may take up to 24 hours for your library information to re-appear on your profile.

Update 2: All scrobbles submitted in the meantime should appear on your profile once the database maintenance has been completed.

We will be restoring your playcounts to normal today should they be lower than expected.

If you've disabled/enabled auto-correction in your website settings this will alter your total number of artists and also the scrobbles that are attributed to alternate spellings of an artist name.

Ideally auto-correction should be enabled to merge all your scrobbles under the correct artist name. If your library is missing certain artists, or scrobbles for an artist, try enabling or disabling auto-correction.

Update: All scrobbles submitted by affected users will be caught by our logs, therefore they will not show up on user profiles until we replay those logs something we can't do until the database re-sharding is complete.

In the meantime, please ensure you are using a client which will cache your scrobbles, e.g. the Last.fm client (www.last.fm/download).

Note: Spotify will cache your scrobbles, however quitting the app (Mac/PC client, or mobile) will delete the cache. Please make sure you keep the app open so you don't lose anything.

This was a completely unexpected side effect of increasing the capacity of our scrobble database. Please be assured that no data has been lost!

Library, Mix, and Recommended radio stations will be unavailable until your library returns if you are in the affected group of users (like me.... grrrrrrr).

Artist and Tag radios will be fine.

-Knapster01

Redigerad av Knapster01 den 14 okt 2011, 14:07
  • Okay thank you sooo much! I almost freaked out. haha

• chimjuga sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2011, 13:54
    April_d_334 said:
    Okay thank you sooo much! I almost freaked out. haha

Same here

• ...nearly papped mesen.........

• ...a bit pointless trying to play my library radio today then.....lol

• ikadonut sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2011, 14:04
    i swear i was about to cry. goodness ;_;

• Xalrun sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2011, 14:06
    Oh okay, I was terrified.

• Artist and tag radios should still work fine by the way.

However, personalised stations like library, mix, and recommendations are governed by your library and may be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this (as well as the short notice), and thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Is it Christmas yet?
    http://www.last.fm/christmas
    Redigerad av Maddieman den 13 okt 2011, 14:13
  • Oh,thank god!I was FREAKING out.

• Colton56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2011, 14:10

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 21 dec 2012, 12:15
    • iffypop sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2011, 14:11

Phew!

Paniced a bit.

• Colton56 said:
    So if I start listening to music will my scrobbles be saved?
    Make sure you are using a client that caches your scrobbles, e.g. www.last.fm/download.

• Your client should cache your scrobbles locally on your computer. However, there is an issue with Spotify, which does cache them, but wipes the cache when you close the program.

You can use Universal Scrobbler to scrobble tracks manually later, if necessary.
    http://universalscrobbler.invitationstation.org/

Is it Christmas yet?
    http://www.last.fm/christmas
  • What? Back to my own music collection?!?!?!

Why, oh why did you have to choose today to increase the awesomness of your databases to better handle all the music. Now i sit here in class and must either actually pay attention to the professor, or else turn on my own music. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing i have a ton of my own music. Keep up the good work guys and i'm still a big fan in spite of the troubles that have been encountered this year and i'm hoping to become a paying member again soon, still have to figure out a way to make a good paycheck lol.

• Sigh of relief.

Phew.

• I'm going to be in a tiny subset of users who are glad you did this - since I'm forced away from my typical habits of my library station, I've started playing tags instead and ended up with a huge nostalgia boost of songs I forgot existed. Thanks!

• Does Sonos and Mediamonkey cache scrobbles? By the way, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw my stats had gone missing. I was about to cry. Seriously.

You know how a thing and the shadow of that thing could be in almost the same place together? You know the way a shadow is a dark version of the real thing, the dub side?
    • Snooz sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2011, 14:24
    Don't panic!

• So, all my plays and stuff will come back? I swear, I almost cried.

• trent107 sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2011, 14:34
    Ok.. patience is golden patience is golden patience is golden patience is golden patience is golden patience is golden patience is golden............

• My scrobbler (the official one) says that the scrobbles have been sent and aren't cacheing them locally. Is that okay?

Hi! I run and write for Lost In The Sound. If our musical tastes are similar, please check the site out.
  • Thanks

I had freaked a bit. My iPod touch just scrobbled some tracks last night. Thought I had done something wrong.

Please don't tell me you do.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2011, 14:46
    Would it be possible to add an announcement to people's profile pages and direct them to this thread so people don't freak out?

• Jebus! I freaked out and immediately started adding artists back in that I couldn't live without! Whew!

• CGholy sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2011, 14:47

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Library missing 13/10/2011

Knapster01 said:
    Nothing has been lost, we're re-sharding our database which has affected a quarter of our userbase. It may take up to 8 hours for your library information to re-appear on your profile.

In the meantime, please ensure you are using a client which will cache your scrobbles, e.g. the Last.fm client (www.last.fm/download).

Note: Spotify will cache your scrobbles, however quitting the app (Mac/PC client, or mobile) will delete the cache. Please make sure you keep the app open so you don't lose anything.

This was a completely unexpected side effect of increasing the capacity of our scrobble database. Please be assured that no data has been lost!

Library, Mix, and Recommended radio stations will be unavailable until your library returns if you are in the affected group of users (like me.... grrrrrrr).

Artist and Tag radios will be fine.

-Knapster01

Cheers I thought I was the only one.
    I also noticed the undelete tracks isn't working so I assume it will be back up once all our libraries are back.

Supporting the Sugababes: Past, Present and future.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.