Forum » Web Site Support

Peculiar scrobbling issue with a particular artist page

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 sep 2011, 23:27

Peculiar scrobbling issue with a particular artist page

http://www.last.fm/music/+noredirect/Mew%253BJ%2BMascis

For myself and a lot of other people (as you can see in the comments of the above page), some of my plays by the band Mew from the album And the Glass Handed Kites scrobble as this instead. I have the auto-correct turned off and there is no occurrence of J Mascis at all in my tags, so I know it has nothing to do with either of those things. Just as well, other people have reported sporadically having scrobbles of that incorrect tag even when they haven't listened to the song with J Mascis at all or the song isn't even tagged that way.

I have a theory as to why this happens. If you will observe the page I linked above, you will see that it has an album page with all of the normal Mew tracks listed under it for whatever reason [here]. So even if the album is tagged correctly, some of the scrobbles (in a lot of people's cases, more often than not) will be recognised with that incorrect tag.

I think this could be remedied if that album (or better yet, the entire page, as it is an artist tag that shouldn't even exist) is removed. Would anybody who's capable mind too terribly removing it?

This probably happens for other incorrectly formatted pages, but this is the only one I've noticed so far that tampers with my scrobbles.

• IlaiA sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 nov 2011, 17:00
    BUTP, this really is a problem to me and many others.

• Användare
    • 23 dec 2011, 23:40

Found another one

http://www.last.fm/music/Miles%2BDavis%253BHerbie%2BHancock/Miles+Smiles

The existence of that page has changed some of my Miles Davis scrobbles to that weird Miles Davis;Herbie Hancock tag. Again, others have observed and pointed this out as well.

• I'm experiencing the same problem (didn't know whether I should create a new thread; the very page links to this). It's not even showing with a little autocorrect star, just occasionally redirecting to the wrong tag, even though none of mine mention J Mascis.

Every human group is a society of island universes.
  • Yes, please remove the incorrect album. Mew is one of my most-listened-to artists but their scrobbles are not being counted correctly due to this issue. I commented on this two years ago. It can't be that hard to fix. Please, somebody just fix it.

• Toukey sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 mar 2012, 16:13
    I have the same problem. This is really annoying.

• VERY VERY annoying, hope we get a solution soon :/

• Användare
    • 15 apr 2012, 08:48
    Have the same problem with Björk tracks scrobbling from misspelled Bjork albums.

• Toukey sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 apr 2012, 23:45
    Is anything going to be done about this?

Another one, just for future reference > click

and another
    and another

Redigerad av Toukey den 30 apr 2012, 01:20
    • lanakias sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2012, 22:17
  • We can't fix this until we can do album corrections. Your scrobbles will be associated with the misspelt albums in your library until this is possible.

• Any info on when that will be done?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.